Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, CRM/email, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. We work with clients including L’Oreal Paris, Gap, Barry’s, ScottsMiracle-Gro & Hu.
Barrel is currently looking for an Account Manager to join our team. As a remote-first company, you may work from anywhere in the US.
The Account Manager will assist the Account Director in managing day-to-day operations of an assigned account(s). Eventually, you will have the opportunity to manage your own accounts. Responsibilities for this particular role will have an emphasis on cross-channel project management across various phases of strategy, creative and development.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of a client account(s), with direction and oversight from an Account Director
• Support project execution from planning through execution, ensuring that all progressive steps in the process are completed within the timeline
• Prepare and update project briefs, timelines, status reports, conference reports, and other supporting materials
• Effectively contribute to client meetings and internal meetings (e.g. status meetings, project kickoffs, etc.), making important, relevant contributionsReview and deliver agency deliverables to the clients
• Manage client expectations to foster effectiveness and build credibilityInitiate project setup across our suite of tools and resources
• Coordinate project resourcing requests with Resourcing, Creative and Development teams
• Build a strong knowledge of client brand and industry, conducting industry research, competitive analysis and/or other research tasks as assigned by supervisorKeep senior management briefed on account activities
• Organize and maintain all project files on the server and within project management tools
Handle other duties as assigned by Director
- Strong web and Mac desktop skills – we use Microsoft Office, Slack, Google Docs, and various web-based tools such as Harvest, and Asana
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed instructions, and to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
- Self-motivated and detail-orientedLevel-headed and positive under pressure
- Naturally curious and highly proactive, with a passion for learning new skills
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing or similar field
- 3-5 years of account or project management experience in the advertising/marketing industry
- Digital experience preferred, but not required
- Client experience within the eCommerce space is a plus
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.