Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for an Accounting Operations Intern, who will work closely with our Incentives Specialists, to help us develop, implement, and maintain strong standard operating procedures around our core program offerings. You’ll also have an opportunity to become a subject matter expert in our incentive programs and become a valued resource for others in our Operations and Client Service functional areas.
What you'll do
- Perform data analysis on client’s projects to streamline data extraction (Pivot tables, Excel functions, and a bonus if you know macros)
- Gain an understanding of the Research and Development (R&D) process by assisting with research, participating in technical kickoff meetings, collecting data and preparing financial reports
- Work on a variety of client engagements in varying industries
- Identify and implement functional product and process improvements, in close collaboration with the greater Incentives Specialist, Operations and Accounting team members
- Analyze client base, own edge cases and determine how to translate learnings into our broader product offering
What we're looking for
- Must be in your Senior year of undergrad. MBA or Masters candidates preferable
- Available to work between 20-40 hours a week during early January to mid-April
- Experience with data analytics (i.e. cleaning data sets in Microsoft Excel)
- Experience working on mission-critical projects with tight timelines
- Experience in accounting and/or in a financial planning
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to ask questions when needed
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as zoom
This position will be compensated on an hourly basis.
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.