Bustle Digital Group is seeking remote part-time Affiliate Shopping Writer to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team. As an Affiliate Shopping Writer, you will research and write shopping guides and product roundups as well as revise existing articles for voice, accuracy, and SEO best practices across a number of BDG's titles including Bustle, The Zoe Report, Inverse, and Mic. This role will cover a range of product categories including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
The Commerce team operates separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns — this means a strong candidate needs to not only be a strong writer but able to effectively communicate what makes a product worth purchasing.
The ideal candidate should have three or more years of experience writing for online or print, ideally in the beauty, tech, or lifestyle spaces. Previous experience with commerce or affiliate content writing, reporting, and SEO is a plus. Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about researching products, especially those found on Amazon.
Candidates must be able to work remotely at least two days per week, Monday through Friday, during standard business hours. Please do not apply UNLESS you have this availability.
This role does not solely focus on fashion and beauty, and candidates should be interested in a wide variety of products.
Examples of Commerce Team Stories:
The 4 Best Vacuums For Cat Litter
The 6 Best Melatonin Supplements
The 10 Best Winter Walking Shoes
- Write assigned shopping guides and product roundups for BDG brands such as Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, Romper, and The Zoe Report
- Conduct research about a variety of products for assigned articles
- Reach out to experts as needed
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for affiliate
- Update existing articles for accuracy, voice, and SEO best practices
- 3+ years of editorial or copywriting experience
- Excellent time management and organization
- Availability to work remotely 2-3 days per week during business hours, M-F (Do not apply unless you have this availability)
- BONUS if you have previous experience with:
- Commerce or product copywriting
- Reporting and interviewing experts by email or phone
- Working remotely
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.