SafetyWing (YC W18) is seeking an ambitious and creative Chief of Staff to partner directly with our CEO to tackle the highest priority projects in our rapidly scaling company. We see the Chief of Staff as the glue that will help hold our organization together, as well as someone who can amplify our CEOs impact.
🚀 About SafetyWing
SafetyWing is building a global social safety net, including health and retirement for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems. If we succeed, we believe this will help ensure freedom and equal opportunity for everyone, and is one of the more important tasks of our time that no one else is working on.
We’re a team of 42, fully distributed stretching 10 timezones, while headquartered in San Francisco. We are growing our team quickly.
Our current customers are digital nomads (b2c) and remote companies (b2b).
👩💻 Your responsibilities will include
- Lead strategic priorities, special projects and cross-functional initiatives most important to the CEO and leadership team
- Help prepare for, and run company-wide meetings and communications
- Own investor relations including fundraising, quarterly board meeting preparation, and other investor related tasks
- Act as a partner to the CEO to discuss new ideas and initiatives
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Is ambitious, organized, and great with verbal and written communication
- Is comfortable making presentations and working with financial models
- Has experience talking with investors
- Has experience in a startup, finance, consulting, and/or as an entrepreneur
😀 We like to work with people who:
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet.
- Think for themselves instead of copying others.
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure.
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas.
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems.
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing
🧘 What we offer
- Fully remote work – work from anywhere on the globe
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance, laptop, and two yearly team gatherings (previous ones were in Slovenia, Norway, and Mexico)
- Flexible hours and vacation policy (Office hours 8-11am PST)