Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Handle title insurance, escrow, and administrative claims under the supervision of the Associate Chief Claims Counsel, which may include:
- Review incoming new matters to advise of complexity;
- Investigate and research the claim in order to determine whether coverage exists;
- Reviewing and handling requests for letters of indemnity with undertaking;
- Drafting coverage letters;
- Manage the claim through final resolution, including undertaking curative work, managing retention of outside counsel or curative specialist as needed, developing a claim budget, and review and approval of invoices; and
- Identify and pursue sources for recovery
- Assist company associates on title and closing issues.
- Provide title and administrative support to the Associate Chief Claims Counsel and Chief Claims Counsel.
Required Skills & Experience
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in the legal or claims department of a title and escrow company or title insurance company with increasing responsibility.
- Experience handling title curative work in multiple states – CA experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of standard terminology used in the real estate, title insurance, and settlement services industries.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytic skills in dealing with title insurance issues.
- Ability to deal with complex problems in a creative, proactive, and efficient manner.
- Ability to professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office 365 and in a remote, mostly paperless, environment.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Possess strong work ethic and integrity.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we
can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are
passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the
goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited
- about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to
- customize to your and your Family’s needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.