Do you want to build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? Do you want to help tackle some of the most novel challenges in decentralized tech, working closely with our rapidly growing open source community and many of the best technologists in the world?
3Box Labs is on a mission to transform the web's relationship with data. Our identity and data infrastructure is already used by 1500 of the world's most ambitious applications. Ceramic Network, the recently launched sovereign data network we helped create, is the building block that will let millions of developers reinvent how they manage data.
We have huge and novel challenges ahead, as well as rapid growth and opportunity. We need impact-driven, intentional, fast-learning teammates to join us in realizing the vision of a more trusting and connected web.
Create an incredibly engaged, welcoming, synergistic community around our technology and principles that can help catalyze a global movement for a better web.
What success looks like
- There is a constant energy in the community, with sharing, collaboration, cross-community support and discussion happening all the time
- New developers are amazed at their enthusiastic welcoming and rapid onboarding, with clear pathways to learn and get oriented to the ecosystem
- As our community scales, its tools and structures evolve appropriately. You deftly ensure changes are thoughtful, proactive and smoothly executed.
- It's clear to community members where and who to go to as various needs arise. with different platforms (Discord, Twitter, etc.) clearly differentiated and full of helpful activity and content
- Our frequent events, spotlights, showcases, hackathons and other opportunities to gather the community are well-attended and energizing, and serve as a catalyst and attractor for more activity
- Our community values are clear, lived, and inclusive. Our members say "we" not "they" when talking about Ceramic.
- Developers remain engaged once they join the community, with various touchpoints and programs to engage different personas
- Our community has close relationships with other communities as you work to build bridges across the ecosystem with an eye towards strong alliances towards a shared vision
- You know the community personally and deeply, and when our community is working a new idea or feature you know exactly who in the community will care and should give feedback
You'd likely be a great candidate if you have
- Experience building, growing and leading communities
- Deep caring about community and how to foster it. You think about it, study it, and consider it an art and science.
- Belief in the power of community to create more than the sum of its parts
- A desire to empower others, especially other builders, and you resonate with our beliefs about impact through a movement
- Empathy for people, and an instinct for engaging all types of people and making them feel welcomed
- Involvement in Web3, open source, or other relevant ecosystems
- Intrinsic motivation and the ability to keep striving for impact each day
- Bonus points: previous operations or product experience; no-code, design or speaking skills;
We are a lean, voraciously curious team spread across Europe and the East Coast. We are impact driven, intentional about our role, communications and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing identity and data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.
Learn more about 3Box Labs here.