Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The People Operations team at Coursera is responsible for building systems, processes, networks and programs that enable the company to onboard, support, develop, grow and retain top talent. Currently, we are tackling projects aimed at helping Coursera scale as a desirable global company with high-performing teams.
You will find yourself at the epicenter of talent attraction, performance and retention. As the subject matter expert on compensation and rewards, you’ll converge on multiple cross functional business lines to optimize the use and understanding of the company’s compensation philosophy and rewards structure. Your service orientation and consultative approach allows employees and managers to efficiently engage on employment compensation decisions whilst feeling confident, connected and informed. Compensation and Rewards are both an art and a science. You will have the ability to be innovative and stretch the boundaries of compensation design to keep Coursera’s #1 asset, its people, happy and focused on the mission to transform lives through learning.
- Develop and maintain company pay structure, salary and stock ranges. Ensure compensation and rewards are market competitive to ensure Coursera attracts, motivates and retains high performing talent.
- Progressively benchmark relevant pay practices to create new and/or enhance existing programs and structures. Maintain job descriptions for proper benchmark survey mapping.
- Be an action oriented coach to enable the proper use and foster deep understanding of Coursera pay structure and rewards program.
- Conduct pay equity studies and pay process audits to ensure Coursera’s pay practices comply with global pay standards and support the Company’s mission and DE&I initiatives.
- Actively support the progressive performance management process acting as a trustworthy, value focused compensation service SME, for leaders and People Business Partners.
- Takes on special People Operations projects and tasks as needed by the team and the broader business
- At least 4 years progressive compensation experience as a compensation analyst, compensation partner or compensation manager
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Worksheets
- Experience in Compensation management system (e.g. Workday, Payscale)
- Experience with exempt/non-exempt pay classifications
- At least 3 years experience in an international technology company
- Practitioner of progressive pay practices (especially with a global and remote workforce
- Proficiency with BI tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio
- Proficiency with Radford Compensation solutions and benchmark tools
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Data Analysis and Presentation Skills
Excel Skills for Business
International Leadership and Organizational Behavior
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
The Science of Well-Being
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.