1 Big Thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. We are looking for a Content Marketer (Events) to support our marketing and sales teams. Read more about Axios HQ in the Wall Street Journal.
Why it Matters: The Content Marketer will play a critical role in helping Axios HQ scale, developing creative content marketing strategies across channels to engage new audiences. This marketer will be our internal content entrepreneur, brainstorming, researching, and executing their own campaigns including events. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of content creation, experience in B2B marketing, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate with sales and marketing teams.
Go Deeper: In this role, you will amplify Axios HQ’s impact by:
- Developing and championing a clear vision for engaging cross-channel content, with an emphasis on virtual events and webinars.
- Leading internal brainstorms and ensuring our events strategy is effective and scalable.
- Identifying and securing internal and external speakers, coordinating platform logistics, collaborating with Axios teams on graphics and other needs.
- Drafting compelling marketing copy, thoughtful event scripting, promo materials — from registration emails to social copy to event recaps — and more.
- Pitching projects, A/B tests, and other ways to boost event sign-ups and move attendees farther down our funnel.
- Identifying opportunities to sample, repackage, reuse material, and owning its creation.
- Contributing to other content and marketing initiatives, as time permits.
- Helping to establish structure and process, as one of our first content marketers.
The Details: Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios HQ’s mission and the following skills:
- 5+ years of content creation and/or events experience at a company that provides technology and services to a variety of clients
- Experience planning and executing events and related content campaigns
- Exceptionally collaborative and eager to advance a new product and contribute to new processes and infrastructure
- Growth mindset with a constant desire to receive feedback, learn, and grow
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment where things grow and change quickly
- Experience with Hubspot or a similar CRM, and virtual event platforms
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple, high-quality projects and deliver them on time
Don’t forget: Axios employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.