As part of GitHub’s Revenue Content Team, you will develop content that drives pipeline generation, moves customers along their buyer’s journey, and supports implementation and customer enablement. You’ll be responsible for writing and editing SEO-driven copy for blog posts, email, white papers, sales collateral, landing pages, guides, and various content needs. This role will take charge day-to-day on applying and maintaining the GitHub voice across all Revenue content, and work in close collaboration with internal subject matter experts in Developer Relations, Product, Product Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales to create high-quality content that’s human, relatable, and converts. To be successful, you’ll understand the importance of compute minutes just as much as em dashes.
You need to have a deep understanding and first-hand experience with writing about software development, for SaaS companies, and for technical audiences. Knowledge of the software development industry and developer audiences are a must. Excellent communication and collaboration skills, high levels of compassion for colleagues and the developer community, and eagle-eyed editing skills are absolutely required—as is the ability to multitask and project manage like a pro.
What you'll do:
- Research and write engaging short- and long-form content for demand generation campaigns, sales enablement kits, blog, and other outlets targeted at key personas
- Explain highly technical, complex concepts and features succinctly and in a way that resonates with both C-level buyers and developer audiences
- Review, edit, and improve content written by others based on GitHub’s style manual
- Become well-versed in GitHub’s messaging and positioning, and apply our voice and tone in content
- Use SEO strategies in writing to maximize our content’s visibility in search results
- Work with stakeholders to adapt and repurpose content to fully maximize the potential of each effort
- Work with project managers, campaign managers, site, and creative teams to meet deadlines
- Apply data-driven learnings to iterate and improve
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Partner with subject matter experts to create compelling narratives
What you'll bring to the role:
- 5-7 years of experience translating technical topics and product messaging into SEO-optimized, human-centric copy for landing pages, articles, guides, ebooks, email campaigns, video scripts, paid ads, and more
- Experience in B2B sales and/or writing for complex topics and technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of your writing's impact and contributions towards marketing and sales goals
- Strong preference for prior experience writing about industry topics like application security, DevOps, and cloud
- Strong preference for familiarity with content strategy and content design
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.