Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
Sana is in search of a Content Writer to help educate the public on the ways in which our healthcare system is broken and how they can take control of improving it. The role will report to our Director of Product Marketing and focus on writing engaging, informative, and on-brand short- and long-form content. The right candidate will have experience writing in a business context, coming up with strong blog, ebook, and white paper ideas, and working on a deadline. They will also crave candid feedback, have a tough skin, and desire to improve their craft.
The position is remote with occasional travel (roughly quarterly).
What you will do
- Educate yourself on the healthcare and health insurance industries. Gain a deep understanding of the problems in each and their potential solutions. Stay up to date on trends across the industry to feed content ideas.
- Come up with ideas for content that helps Sana’s prospective customers understand the problems and solutions in US healthcare.
- Pitch ideas for blogs, ebooks, case studies, thought leadership articles, and more.
- Research and identify opportunities for placement of content on other domains
- Write content for several different channels, including web, email, print, sales collateral, etc.
- Interview customers, prospects, Sana team members and others to get the information and perspective needed to write great content.
- Research and write those pieces, and work with Product Marketing to edit them into on-brand, engaging masterpieces.
- Develop Sana’s brand writing style and tone
- You have at least a couple years of experience as a professional writer.
- You love to write and are great at it. You have samples of blog posts, case studies, etc. that prove it.
- You are good at writing towards deadlines and delivering completed pieces on time.
- You’re a great communicator. First and foremost, this requires you to be a great active listener. Second, you are gifted at communicating complex ideas with succinct phrasing in both oral and written communications.
- You are analytical. You can take apart business problems piece by piece to understand where to start looking for answers.
- You’re a great teammate.
- You are invigorated by, rather than anxious about, being the first person to do something at your company. Sana is a startup, and the Marketing team is in its early days. For the foreseeable future, you will spend much more time creating than optimizing.
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!