Acceleration Partners has grown tremendously over the last several years and with this exciting growth has come increasingly complex contractual requirements. This complexity has been compounded by our expansion into Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Australia – expansion that will only continue in 2021 and beyond. With over 200 employees spread over several countries, and a dedication to maintaining a profitable, cash-positive business, we are seeking a part-time Contract Specialist (approximately 20 hours per week) who can help Acceleration Partners expand its capabilities and capacity to provide support with inbound and outbound contract review, creation, oversight and execution.
At Acceleration Partners, we have three core values that we apply to everything we do: Own It, Embrace Relationships, and Excel & Improve. This role requires customer and vendor contract expertise, critical thinking skills, effective organizational skills and a strong ability to build effective relationships. If you are looking for a critical role with the ability to significantly impact an organization, then this may be the role for you!
This person will have a history of owning it, assuming personal responsibility for processes and demonstrating the ability to work independently and efficiently. This person will have a demonstrated track record of embracing relationships by working closely with internal and external stakeholders. And this person will have demonstrated the desire to excel & improve by both constantly looking for new ways to achieve operational excellence and thinking outside the box, evaluating refinements to the contract processes and showing a passion for continued learning.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Customer Contracts: Prepare contractual agreements using current company methods and a knowledge of a client's needs and ability to fulfill its requirements. Ensure that the terms of contractual agreements are written in language that is legally binding while in accordance with the desires of the client.
- Vendor Contracts: Create and maintain relationships with suppliers and serve as the singular point of contact for matters concerning contracts. Review vendor contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with company policies and all applicable international, federal and state regulations.
- Record Keeping: Maintain records for correspondence and documentation in relation to established contracts and those in progress. Monitor contracts and move forward with close-out, extension or renewal according to what’s best for the company.
- Contract Oversight: Solve any contract-related problems that may arise. Assist clients or vendors to fulfill the terms of or to terminate contracts on mutually amicable terms. Self-monitor draft contracts, progress and contract completion to ensure flow of documents occurs in a timely manner. Proofread, edit, and fact-check legal documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Company Representative: Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all contract-related matters by clearly explaining contract terminology to clients and other interested parties in simple, everyday language.
YOU ARE GREAT FOR THIS ROLE IF:
- Have a strong internal motivation to get the job done, with a high bar for excellence.
- Possess mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on your own.
- Have solid organization and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments.
- Know how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment while also working independently with minimal supervision.
- Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems.
- You are tenacious and don’t get discouraged.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 2+ years of legal or paralegal experience, preferably working directly with contract law
- Knowledge of current and legally-binding contractual language and terminology
- Independent / flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Basic understanding of purchasing and supply chain procedures
- Clear adherence to company policies and procurement rules and regulations
- Knowledge of negotiation best practices that considers cultural norms and the client's best interests
- Ability to identify, analyze, and suggest solutions for problems, customer complaints, and client concerns
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
WITHIN 3 MONTHS:
- Should have full understanding over client contract process.
- Fully integrated into the team.
- Working autonomously and up to speed on processes and tools.
- Contributing new ideas and improvements to the team/company.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS:
- Independently managing all customer and vendor contracts.
- Working directly with Sales Team to redline/negotiate contracts with clients.
- Working through non-standard contracts to arrive at favorable terms.
- Trusted by peers and colleagues
The Contract Specialist is a work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners, with periodic group working days at co-working facilities. This structure is central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm. Candidates in the greater Boston area are preferred, but exceptional candidates in one of our other “hubs” (New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver) will be considered.
Acceleration Partners is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.