Poll Everywhere is a hybrid work essential at organizations passionate about including everyone in their conversations. Our customers are always looking to make the most of our product and gather instant feedback during their engagements. As we expand Poll Everywhere's usage and presence across Fortune 1000 (80%+) and R1 Universities (100%), we are looking for a Customer Marketing Specialist to be the voice of the Poll Everywhere customer.
Our customers are at the core of our product roadmap and they're excited to share their helpful insights. As a Customer Marketing Specialist, you will build relationships with key customers and identify areas where Poll Everywhere can spark Sales discussions at target accounts. That means collaborating with every function of the Marketing and Sales teams to proactively show our customers how to use our product and maximize value to address their needs.
Through regular conversations with customers at target accounts, you will build stories based on their needs, product feedback, and use cases that you can tell both internally and through various channels. To the customer, you will be the face of the Poll Everywhere brand, educating them on our product and mission to make meetings more inclusive. You will identify, implement, manage, report on, and optimize strategic customer campaigns by leveraging multi-channel tactics and internal business analytics tools.
- Be the voice of the target customer and develop content that educates customers about the product and mission
- Ideate, develop, and implement strategic campaigns across all paid plan levels to nurture customers along the funnel toward Enterprise
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to customers as a method to maintain and promote our mission
Customer Engagement 50%
- Run discovery interviews with customers that fit our Ideal Customer Profiles (ICPs)
- Host weekly webinars focused on product education and customer Q&A
- Host customer events, meet and greets, and/or knowledge sharing opportunities
- Manage a private community forum for target customers
Multi-channel content creation 40%
- Develop customer-focused blog content, release emails, collateral, and case studies
- Own customer newsletter calendars, content, and scheduling
- Maintain product training content
- Help keep customer onboarding emails and in-app messaging up to date
- Write app release notes and manage listings on app stores
- Create short how-to product videos for YouTube and Vimeo
Data, reporting, and analytics 10%
- Understand churn - NPS (net promoter score), churn rates, and downgrade reasons - and develop interventions
- Measure engagement, retention, and LTV (lifetime value) metrics and present recommendations to the team
Quarterly and annual responsibilities
- Develop repeatable programs where target customers share feedback, use cases, and insights
- Partner with Sales to create a strong customer journey through the sales cycle
- Build a content library for customer-facing teams to tailor their conversations
- Excellent written, verbal, and cross-functional communication skills
- Positive attitude and passion for being a customer advocate
- Enthusiasm and energy when engaging with customers one-on-one
- Proficiency in writing engaging email copy
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects
- Ability to tell stories with data
- 1-3 years experience in a customer-facing, content role (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, Customer Success)
- Familiarity working with technical or SaaS learning products
- You take initiative and are energized by forging new paths into uncharted territory
Nice to have's
- Hands-on experience with Mailchimp, Pardot, Salesforce, Asana and/or video editing tools
- Account-Based Marketing knowledge
Our users come from all kinds of communities, and so do PollEvians. We want to work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds who put a lot of care and pride into their work. We're committed to providing you with opportunities to learn, and we’re looking to hire people with good judgment.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications or check off all the boxes, you should still seriously consider applying. An important part of our interview process is understanding why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.
Keep applications brief; we want small resumes with relevant experience. Principals only, please. We aren't using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Poll Everywhere is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.