GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. The Customer Success organization is looking for a Senior Data Analyst who will report into our Data Analytics team and will provide best in class analytics and data management practices within a quickly growing organization. In addition to exceptional technical prowess, successful candidates for this role must exhibit extraordinary attention to detail, project management skills, be able to quickly build relationships with cross company partners and be responsive in a rapidly growing environment.
This candidate will serve as the subject matter expert for our Professional Services function with strong exposure and ties to Revenue, Customer Outcomes + Experience, Support and Services functions. This is a unique opportunity to provide reporting, data and insights that will help shape the future of GitHub. This individual will pair closely with Sales, Data Science, Data Engineering and Product to rationalize disparate data sets and drive scalable solutions.
GitHub is an exciting place to work and you'll be an important contributor and join a tight-knit environment of technical and business-minded individuals.
- Develop, maintain and steward the metrics, reports and dashboards that guide operational efficiency, inform business decisions and encourage self-service
- Drive ad-hoc analysis in support of leadership, strategic initiatives, capacity models and business reviews.
- Collaborate closely with various functions to optimize how we capture, analyze, and report business data.
- Partner with Professional Services leadership to assess metric needs and compile reporting requirements.
- Integrate data from various disparate sources to deliver appealing visualizations that provide insight into GitHub’s business and simplify the comprehension for end-users.
- Manage deliverables and expectations across multiple stakeholders while contributing to our data-driven culture.
- 5+ years of data management, analytics, KPI development and BI reporting management.
- 2+ years analyzing sales or services data (preferred).
- Expertise in SQL (Azure Synapse, presto, hive, postgres, mysql, etc.).
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision-making, and process-improvement skills.
- Experience solving/informing business challenges/opportunities through the development of analytical solutions across disparate data sets.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.