Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand and bringing new learners to the site, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
As Degree Marketing Associate, you will partner with Degree Marketing Managers to manage successful recruitment cycles and achieve cohort goals for our open degree programs, while building capabilities and infrastructure for the future success of these programs. With guidance from the Degree Marketing Manager, you’ll communicate the degree marketing value propositions through a comprehensive marketing plan to reach potential students, build a program to acquire and nurture qualified leads through the consideration cycle to the point of application submission and enrollment, and coordinate with marketing departments at our partner universities.
You will have a direct impact on the growth and success of our degree programs and help shape the future of higher education. The right candidate will feel comfortable working in a lean, performance-driven environment while maintaining a strong sense of team and collaboration.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Partner with a Degree Marketing Manager to drive the marketing and recruitment strategy for a portfolio of degree and MasterTrack programs
- Project manage a master calendar for your assigned degree and MasterTrack programs, ensuring the calendar is delivered on schedule
- Track and report out on marketing metrics internally, prep for sharing externally and suggest improvements
- Work with Coursera creative team to create visual assets and support the maintenance of image asset folders and finalize image asset guidelines across your assigned degree and MasterTrack programs
- Write copy and gain internal approval for email nurture series, promotional emails, content marketing blogs, onsite descriptions and paid promotions; manage the onsite promotional placement calendar and update / deploy a range of onsite promotional placements
- Work with cross functional marketing team members (PR, SEO, paid marketing, social media, etc) to support new degree learner acquisition
- 2+ years experience in marketing, ideally for a high consideration product
- Demonstrated experience using quantitative skills to assess campaign results and produce actionable learnings
- Demonstrated experience of working in partner-facing roles (i.e. client-facing environment)
- Knowledge of the North American (NAMER) market
- Experience managing multiple projects and hit deadlines, showing the initiative to drive projects forward and proactively ask questions to get the information and resources you need
- 3 years experience in marketing, ideally for a high consideration product
- Background in marketing or admissions for higher education
- Hands-on experience using Salesforce, and other email marketing or CRM platforms a plus
- Knowledge of HTML preferred
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.