Yelp is seeking a Director of Total Rewards to build and scale a Total Rewards philosophy that will continue to retain and attract top talent as we move to align Total Rewards with our Corporate Strategy.
Yelp’s Director of Total Rewards will be a key member of the People Operations leadership team and will work closely with the Executive team and Compensation Committee along with People Ops leaders and business stakeholders. This person will lead our global compensation, equity and benefit programs to attract, motivate and retain Yelp talent. Success in the role requires the person to engage with both internal and external partners to drive the development and execution of competitive reward and recognition programs. You will be responsible for building effective and scalable processes while developing and challenging the members of the Total Rewards team.
You and your team will lead the annual benefits renewal and open enrollment cycles. You will be responsible for market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, stakeholder management, communication and system configuration.
This is a cross-functional role that requires close collaboration with other members of the People Operations team and with leaders across the company. Close alignment with legal and finance is imperative. This position reports to the SVP of People Operations.
This is a full-time remote role based anywhere in the United States.
Where you come in:
- You will build and drive the strategic design and execution of the company’s global compensation, equity, and benefits programs in line with financial goals and cultural norms
- You will oversee the creation and integration of policies and procedures to ensure global compliance and the achievement of equitable and competitive employee total cash and equity compensation
- You will oversee the company’s global benefits programs including health, welfare and retirement programs, ensuring compliance and cost competitiveness
- You will oversee the 401(k) Investment Committee agenda and meetings
- You will establish and measure key compensation and benefit program metrics. Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness
- You will build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders across Yelp
- You will lead annual strategic planning, in partnership with Finance, on company-wide rewards programs and budgets
- You will provide ongoing mentorship, training and development to the rewards team
- You will play a key role in the creation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings
- You will work with the independent consultant for the Compensation Committee, along with the head of People Operations, to drive annual recommendations for Executive Compensation, outside Director Compensation, and other analysis requested by the Committee
- You will develop and maintain effective communication strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all compensation and benefit programs
What it takes to succeed:
- You have 10+ years of Total Rewards leadership experience at public, multinational high-tech companies
- You have a strong track record building, leading and mentoring a diverse and high performing team
- You have excellent business acumen, strong strategic planning and analytic skills
- You have experience working and leading cross-functionally in a high growth business environment
- You have the ability to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and inspire trust and confidence both internally and externally
- You have a growth mindset, sense of curiosity and dedication to the team’s success
- You have the ability to leverage data to make recommendations and decisions
- You have the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong executive presence
- You have strong attention to detail, organization and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
- You have the ability to manage effectively with ambiguity, manage multiple projects through completion on time and on budget and to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
- MBA and/or JD preferred
What you'll get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).