A little about us
Oyster is on a mission to create a more equal world by making it possible for companies everywhere to hire people anywhere.
In 2021, we have grown rapidly, raising over $70 million in both Series A and Series B rounds and increasing our team size by nearly 10x. And we’re just getting started. As a fully distributed startup, we’ve built an incredibly strong leadership team and employee base across 47 countries (and counting!). We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work. We live on our platform, and we’re passionate about improving our product every day.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – engineering, legal, finance, operations, and HR processes all interact to make it happen. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We're an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
The Role 👩💻
We are looking for an Employment Vendor Team Lead to own the relationships we have with partners supporting our employment infrastructure across the world. We have built out a global network of "Employers of Record" across the world and you will manage those existing relationships, as well as expanding our global footprint - you will essentially be helping Oyster to grow to be truly global!
The role will be responsible for maintaining the overall relationships, sourcing and doing deals with new vendors, negotiating terms to optimize the proposition for our customers as we grow and embedding these partnerships within the Oyster business.
You will be working in our Global Operations Team who are responsible for setting up our employment infrastructure across the world in a scalable and automated way.
What you'll be doing...
- Manage the Employment Vendor function within Oyster, including building our EoR strategy for the medium to long term
- Sourcing and signing deals & agreements with new employment partners to give Oyster the ability to hire in every country across the world
- Owning, maintaining & building on relationships with our current partners
- Negotiating with vendors to ensure that we can provide the optimal proposition for our customers
- Embedding these external partnerships within Oyster and creating the playbooks on how we work with these partners in a seamless way in our Platform
- Being Oyster's point of contact and interface with our Employment Partners
What you're good at...
- Experience in managing vendors & managing a small team
- Great communications and presentation skills
- Building relationships with people and being a person that people trust
- Highly organised and able to manage a large number of partner relationships
- Strong negotiator: you try and find the win-win for both sides
- Vision and strategic thinking: able to create a long-term vision for the team, and align internal stakeholders
- Eye for detail: you make sure that we sign deals with small print that doesn't come back to bite us in the future
You'll also need...
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language
What's it like to work at Oyster ❤️
Check out our public notion and see for yourself: Welcome to Oyster!
Here are some pages you might be interested in:
Mission, Vision, Values at Oyster
Why Oyster is a Distributed Company
How We Work Together at Oyster
Benefits & Compensation 💸
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully flexible hours.
- 40 days including public holidays, or legal minimum in your region if greater.
- Home Office Equipment budget (see details at Equipment at Oyster)
- Wellness and wellbeing support through HealingClouds and WithJuno
- Private Health Insurance (if you want it)
- Time off for volunteering