Do you want to build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? Do you want to help tackle some of the most novel challenges in decentralized tech, working closely with our rapidly growing open source community and many of the best technologists in the world?
3Box Labs is on a mission to transform the web's relationship with data. Our identity and data infrastructure is already used by 1500 of the world's most ambitious applications. Ceramic Network, the recently launched sovereign data network we helped create, is the building block that will let millions of developers reinvent how they manage data.
We have huge and novel challenges ahead, as well as rapid growth and opportunity. We need impact-driven, intentional, fast-learning teammates to join us in realizing the vision of a more trusting and connected web.
Turn our team into a high performing company + network that deploys resources and time effectively, plans and prioritizes strategically, executes exceptionally, and operates on strong foundations that lets us take advantage of special opportunities.
Responsibilities and Key Outcomes
- Finance: our finances are smooth, with accurate books, dependable vendors for accounting and tax, and helpful projections and reporting. Our cash and token treasuries are well managed and we are building an increasingly strategic finance function that helps us allocate resources effectively to in line with our strategy and goals.
- Strategy: The team's founders and leaders are more effective than ever as you add leverage, elevate cross-functional reviews and planning, and drive critical special projects. The whole company is more effective than ever as you embed data, analytics, evidence-based decision making and operational excellence across teams.
- Grants: We have launched a differentiated grants (or investments) program that brings attention, activity and high quality projects into our ecosystem. We learn from programs that work well, don't waste capital, and attract the best projects. Our ecosystem is highly aligned with a fast-rising reputation.
- Investor Relations: You've created exceptional leverage out of our financial stakeholders. Our equity investors are engaged, excited and amplifying us. There's strong unmet demand for our token.
- Partnerships: Market makers and exchanges support our token launch and ensure liquidity. We have a wide, strong token holder community that rallies on our behalf, but does not distract or disrupt our developer community. You've helped structure deals with other technology partners.
- Decentralized and Corporate Structuring: You've helped design strong, progressively decentralized governance for the network. We have a DAO and foundation and have migrated resources, power and people to it smoothly and effectively (including legal, regulatory and tax considerations).
- Legal and Compliance: Our operations are smooth and not distracting. Complex issues are reliably solved or elevated to external counsel, and we are building enough internal knowledge of regulatory and policy issues to know where our risks are and advise on product development.
- Bonus: you've contributed economic analysis or design to our token model; you've helped scale our operations; you help design and close strategic partnerships; you have taken on a significant portion of operational responsibilities and special projects.
You're likely a great candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of excellent track record working in finance, operations, or another analytical role.
- Get things done. You are an analytical thinker and strategic planner, and an even better doer. You can work across functions and with diverse teammates.
- Make hard things simple, finding the core problem or solution and focusing on that.
- Can jump into an unknown situation and quickly get oriented, learn fast, be resourceful, and creatively solve problems.
- Are fantastic at taking feedback. Sometimes that means mid-project adjustments, other times it means pushing back at misguided reactions from a founder. You stay anchored on getting to a great outcome without ego
- Have exceptional communication and prioritization skills. You can be trusted to own a wide variety of projects, focus on what matters most, and pull in the relevant people to help you where needed.
- Care deeply about the Web3 space.
- Bonus points: background in crypto; fascination with how people work together; experience at a rapid growth tech company
We are a lean, voraciously curious team spread across Europe and the East Coast. We are impact driven, intentional about our role, communications and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing identity and data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.
Learn more about 3Box Labs here.