Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also big believers in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
We are looking for a Growth Sales Manager to lead a US based team of Growth Account Executives. The Growth team is focused on messaging the Nylas mission to Growth (200-500 employees) prospects all over the world. As a member of the Growth management team, you will help refine our strategy to attract even more customers as well as expand adoption in our existing customer base. The role involves strategic planning, managing sales people, leveraging technology, and improving existing processes. The ideal candidate will be a driven and experienced senior professional with strong communication skills and mastery of the sales process applied to different types of prospects.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of Account Executives tasked with the growth & adoption of Nylas’ products in the 200-500 employee segment.
- Meet/exceed quota by strategizing and creating processes that will lead to higher ASPs and shorter sales cycles.
- Implement processes for the full customer life cycle from the time they become customers to when it’s time to help them expand their Nylas usage.
- Implement process improvements for Account Executives around outbound messaging and strategy.
- Provide clear visibility on revenue performance by accurately managing a team pipeline of opportunities and providing monthly forecasts on a weekly basis.
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Account Management, Partnerships, Enablement, Sales Operations and Customer Success to create the best customer experience both pre and post sales.
- Identify skill and knowledge gaps for each of your Account Executives. You will train and mentor your team and work with enablement to help build a structured learning framework.
What You'll Bring
- 1-2+ years managing B2B closing teams selling software to inside sales accounts
- A proven track record of exceeding quota.
- Experience engaging with multiple stakeholders within organizations as well as experience with navigating negotiation, legal, and procurement processes.
- Experience managing team pipelines with both fast-moving transactional deals as well as longer term strategic larger deals.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead teams that consistently close new business as well as grow existing customer relationships in a “Land and Expand” model.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.