Over the past four years, Flowspace has created one of the largest on-demand modern omnichannel fulfillment networks in the country, powered by cloud and mobile technology. We enable hundreds of brands and retailers to dynamically store, fulfill and ship products seamlessly to consumers nationwide from +200 locations. Join us in our mission to transform a $100 billion warehouse and logistics industry. Flowspace is backed by Canvas Ventures, Moment Ventures, BuildGroup, Y Combinator, and other prominent angels.
Join our team!
• Meaningful equity in a venture backed start-up- everyone gets stock options!
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
• Lucrative vacation and sick time, including paid holidays
• Work From Home stipends, towards your home office
• 401K Matching
• A clear success path within the company. We want you to grow and lead with us!
This position is 100% remote, as long as you reside in the United States.
This leader will have a seat at the table where all key business decisions are made, providing the business with insights and recommendations to inform, develop and challenge all of our teams towards success. .
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, an eagerness to work cross-functionally, an insatiable curiosity to learn more and the ability to solve difficult problems. This is a working leader position, where you will be leading initiatives, while also managing day to day reporting and data analysis.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for competitive research, building self-serve and visualization tools, rolling out standard and recurring score cards for every part of the business, leading data deep dives to answer hard questions, and building data products into the Flowspace platform
- Provide and develop all organizational teams with strong market data, hypotheses, insights, and recommendations
- Define key metrics and automate scorecard creation
- Run and manage large data sets with SQL and performing analysis using tools such as Python, R, or Excel
- Provide the business with recurring reports that measure growth and highlight opportunitiesPartner with senior business leaders and help them make better data driven decisions
- Present and translate data, (i.e. outcomes and results), into compelling presentationsProvide data based recommendations to scale and strengthen strategies
- Provide market trends and forecasts of various product and business areas
- Partner with our Product Launch team, to ensure new launches are aligned with data, and numbers, demonstrating the need for said launches
- Partner with sales, customer success and other client facing teams, to analyze feedback and other findings, transforming the data into actionable insights
- Partner with Engineering and drive data warehousing requirements to keep a continuous pulse on consumer behaviors and trends, keeping teams aware of any competitive changes and/or advantages
- Grow a small team of analysts as the role matures
Who We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, finance, or a related field
- 15+ years in a related role, particularly understanding product development, along with 3+ years as a Leader
- Experience in extracting and interpreting information, SQL, etc., and developing that data into impressive presentations and stories
- Expert level proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups, etc)
- Able to translate technical language into basic concepts/understanding to audiences of all levels, technical, and non technical
- Industry experience in an analytical role (i.e. strategic planning, business analyst)
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- An appreciation for qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Master’s DegreeStartup / Tech experience
- Experience with growing a product from creation to various levels of maturity
- Software Engineering Experience
- Google Analytics Setup and Deployment Experience
Other Helpful Things To Know:
- Must be able to review and work for long periods of time, analyzing data (i.e. spreadsheets or other documents), through use of a computer / laptop, screens
- Must be able to successfully use virtual technology such as Zoom, and Slack, including use of web-based collaboration tools
- Must be able to travel approx. 20% for team meetings, or other annual trainings
At Flowspace, we know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be, and we strive to hire and retain talent that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skill sets.
We are committed to equal opportunity employment and we take pride in encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusion across all of our teams, without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and religious grooming practices), sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital, parental or registered domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.