Who’s behind Deel?
We are a global collective of entrepreneurs who love to build and solve problems. Our team consists of self-driven people spanning 45+ countries. A unified yet diverse culture keeps us consistently learning and improving. We’re curious, courageous, optimistic, fair, and thoughtful.
We want to enable companies to hire the best talent from anywhere in the world. We do so by building tools our customers love with market-leading technology and expertise. We run on three words, fast, delightful and compliant.
As a team, we care while finding comfort and enjoyment in working together. We believe “less is more,” and our highly efficient team speaks to that.
So, why now?
A significant shift has occurred within the workforce as we know it, changing business norms drastically. At Deel, we genuinely see a world without borders, but we needed to challenge that to make it happen. A 30-mile hiring radius limit shouldn’t exist for companies since great talent lives everywhere. The global talent market is quickly accelerating. We’re here to help businesses stay ahead of international legal, compliance, and remote working conditions.
Deel is the market leader in international payroll and compliance. With over $631 million raised from Andreessen Horowitz, Spark Capital, Y Combinator, Coatue, Elad Gil, Nat Friedman, Alexis Ohanian, and Daniel Gross, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the team.
- Becoming a key member of the leadership team and overseeing the overall strategic direction of the People function at Deel, owning all the People org and employee lifecycle end-to-end.
- Partnering with the leadership team to drive strategic planning for the People function and to support the overall People roadmap across the company. Providing ongoing thought leadership and coaching to leaders.
- Creating and executing thoughtful and agile people-focused initiatives to ensure that Deel is attracting, developing and retaining high-quality talent to fuel our explosive growth
- Building and leading key People functions including onboarding, Training and Retention. Developing 360-degree plans for the onboarding, training and engagement of employees, with satisfaction and retention at the core of every decision. Implementing performance management programs to support feedback loops, competency development, goal setting and career pathing.
- Fostering a growth-oriented and motivating culture while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies and best practices
- Building a World-Class People team to support the continued growth of the business. Ensuring we maintain an incredible culture throughout Deel, with a team of enthusiastic professionals who are passionate about building great teams and culture.
- Combine strategic vision and depth of experience with an ability to execute well in a fast-paced, high-growth business.
- 10+ years of experience in a people focused role with experience working cross jurisdiction at a unicorn start-up or tech company
- 4+ years experience in a leadership role, with a roster of company level achievements at a high growth unicorn start-up or tech company. You’re also a passionate, high integrity leader who can inspire their teams. You possess the energy, sincerity and drive to engage and build meaningful relationships, grounded in trust, with a diverse and distributed team. Embodies and drives the core values.
- Experience creating and implementing pragmatic and business-focused People related programs and initiatives. Proven ability to create and execute programs that attract, develop and retain outstanding talent with data to support success.
- You have demonstrated success scaling a People organization from scratch, scaling a company from 100 to 1000+ employees and rising through the ranks of high-growth, early and mid-stage organizations known for their focus on exceptional employee experience, talent, trust and customer loyalty.
- You have a passion for building and transforming; proven experience leading complex workstreams and evolving people, processes, and systems
- You are a natural communicator and can engage the room effortlessly when presenting, speaking and demonstrating. You know how to communicate through the brand voice and at all levels of the organization with high-integrity and a no-nonsense approach.
- You are analytical and will take a data and process-driven approach when building the People organization, fostering and promoting results-driven and numbers-oriented performance management across the company. You have the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and relentless focus on improvement and raising the bar. You’re curious, agile, a self-starter and welcome challenge as a conduit to improvement.
- Life changing pre-IPO equity
- The option of getting paid in digital currency
- Work from wherever you want; the Deel office, your house or the beach
- Learning and development budget for books, courses and conferences
- Remote first working culture and covered remote office space
- All-expenses paid international company off-sites
- Have your birthday on us
- All the latest tech you need