Would you like to take part in building the future of our distributed workforce? Automattic is a place like no other: our fast-growing team of 1600+ works from home (or any other location they choose), in one of 85+ countries, to democratize publishing and make the web a better place. Check out our Work With Us page for more info on how we work, our development process, and benefits.
The Human League (externally known as HR) team’s goal is to ensure our company is the best place Automatticians have ever worked, making each person feel welcomed, included, valued, and respected. Our mission is to be thought leaders by building and supporting a globally distributed, diverse, authentic, and inclusive workforce, where Automatticians can thrive. We are looking for a Human (Resources) Operations Magician to help support our team and Automatticians at large.
This a high-volume administrative support role. This role requires a strong support philosophy and the ability to complete detailed administrative tasks with a high degree of accuracy. You’ll play a key part in ensuring that trials, consultants, and new hires across Automattic have a positive onboarding and offboarding experience. You’ll also be empowered to initiate and lead projects to create or optimize internal processes—we love and encourage innovation!
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Completing new hire, trial, and consultant administrative onboarding and offboarding
- Updating internal systems to reflect changes in our organizational structure
- Responding to verification of employment requests
- Performing hiring screenings and background checks
- Assigning mentors to new hires
- Planning and coordinating the logistics for leadership training workshops with the Human League and external partners
- Conducting data audits and maintaining updated and organized records
- Tracking leaves and coordinating with our external leave administration partners
- Providing benefits open enrollment support
- Partnering with the Human League and other teams on projects and initiatives
- Proposing, designing, and implementing new or improved processes to increase efficiency (in coordination with the Human League team)
- Answering questions from Automatticians around the globe
- A kind, courteous, and a highly effective communicator with strong skills in English. Here’s what we expect from ourselves.
- Experienced and passionate about providing human-friendly support: simple, clear, straightforward, inclusive, and not overly complicated (2 years experience in an administrative support role is ideal).
- Incredibly precise in your work and committed to a job well done, down to the smallest detail.
- Sincere, transparent, and accountable: You share information, questions, and concerns proactively.
- Experienced or able to have sound judgement working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Experienced managing multiple priorities simultaneously; Able to effectively triage and prioritize high-volume and often competing requests.
- Effective in completing routine and repetitive tasks, while improving ways of working to optimize time spent doing tasks.
- Experienced and passionate about building elegant, simple, automated solutions that keep operations running smoothly.
- Experienced or able to embrace a healthy feedback culture by both sharing and responding constructively to feedback.
- Technologically savvy - you’re able to pick up on new technologies, software, and systems easily.
- Desire to learn and grow in the HR field
- Desire to learn and experiment with new processes and technologies
- Experience working in a remote/distributed environment, or with remote team members
- Experience working with team members across multiple countries, cultures, and/or time zones
- Experience using WordPress (most of our systems are based on WordPress)
- Experience or passion for working in dynamic and fast-paced environments
We are looking to expand our team and aim to reflect and expand on the diversity of Automatticians currently working with us. At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking.