The future of work is increasingly complex — remote workers, distributed teams, flexible multi-tenant office space — and the dynamic of how workers interact with each other and how workers interact with their physical space is changing.
VergeSense is building an easy-to-deploy space utilization & sensing platform that helps real estate professionals monitor foot-traffic within buildings. Data from our platform is used to improve building layout & design, execute dynamic workforce strategies, and reduce energy costs. For large clients, the financial impact is in the tens of millions per year. We provide a full-stack solution comprised of easy-to-deploy AI-sensors, fleet management tools, analytics software, and APIs that integrate with the leading workplace management systems on the market.
VergeSense is looking for a tech-savvy, innovative, and persistent self-starter to join our Solution Design & Delivery team. As an Implementation Specialist, you will work with a passionate team of Solutions Architects and Project Managers to ensure a smooth handoff from Sales and guide customers through the installation of their VergeSense system. You will be directly responsible for configuring new accounts on the VergeSense platform, creating installation plans, training installers, tracking installation progress, troubleshooting roadblocks, and providing technical support. You will play a critical role in gathering feedback from the field and working with our Product Team to continuously improve our installation tools and processes.
How you can make an impact:
- Serve as the main point of contact for customer teams and our installation partners throughout the account configuration and installation process.
- Configure new accounts on the VergeSense platform and create installation plans.
- Conduct installer trainings and support installers throughout installations.
- Proactively track installation progress, problem solve, and provide technical support to ensure quality and timely installations.
- Provide supervision in the field for a subset of deployments.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product Team to collect feedback from the field and drive continuous improvement of the customer and channel partner experience.
- Create and maintain internal and external documentation including installation guides, technical support guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Be intimately familiar with all technical aspects of the VergeSense platform (hardware, cloud software, APIs, networking topology, etc)
- Highlight trends and patterns from the field to inform new standard operating procedures and product enhancements.
- 1-2+ years of experience in a customer-facing and technology-focused role.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to self-direct and prioritize tasks.
- You are empathetic and enthusiastic during all customer interactions and love to see your customers succeed.
- You have a passion for understanding complex systems and continuously improving your technical acumen.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, contribute new ideas, and create scalable processes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including participation in an on-call rotation outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- Ability to travel 1-2 times a month to customer offices for local installations.
- Basic computer skills (Internet, Email, Word Processing and Formatting, Spreadsheets, and Presentations)
Nice to Have
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Experience working at a startup or technology company
- Experience supporting large enterprise customers, both domestically and internationally
Technical knowledge & skills in the following areas:
- Enterprise network management tools
- TCP/IP, Routing & Networking
- Security protocols
- VLAN & VPN
- PoE and other wiring standards
- Enterprise-grade WLAN
- Mesh networks
- Ability to reproduce customer setups locally to troubleshoot
- Familiarity with IoT hardware installations, including telemetry metrics and reports
- Basic understanding of running scripts and navigating system logs
- Experience with Linux command line interface and running python scripts
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.