Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with the easy route planner. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times - and with 23+ million users and 100,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on the way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team of freelance editors and change the way people explore!
About the role
The backbone of komoot is a huge repository of route recommendations and outdoor tips; handmade Collections built by passionate outdoor editors with a wealth of experience in their sports. To help inspire our growing community in Italy through the best outdoor content, we’re looking to build a team of native-level Italian-speaking freelance outdoor editors.
What you will do
- Create unique, inspiring content for our Collections (https://www.komoot.com/collection/902010) and Guides (https://www.komoot.com/guide/40898)
- Use your knowledge of the most popular official bike routes, the best singletracks or gravel routes, the toughest climbs or the most beautiful hikes to inspire our Italian-speaking user base
- Independently build amazing routes on komoot
- Research and create relevant Highlights for mountain bikers, cyclists, bike tourers and hikers
- Review, rate and edit existing Highlights based on our quality standards
- Describe the most important aspects of a region such as its landscape, history, top attractions or infrastructure in a way that is useful and inspirational for hikers and cyclists.
- Write copy that’s easily understandable, SEO optimized and adheres to komoot's writing style
- Tell the stories of these routes and places — and some of your own adventures — to get our Italian-speaking users dreaming and active!
Why you will love it
- You will utilize all of your greatest passions: The outdoors, researching, route-planning and writing
- Your stories will inspire millions of people, from seasoned outdoor-lovers to novice hikers and cyclists, and they’ll help establish our community in Italy
- We encourage you to work from wherever you want, be that on a beach, in the mountains, from home, or anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3
- Enjoy a creative and responsible role that offers a great amount of flexibility
You will be successful in this position if
- You are a passionate outdoor editor with a minimum of 2 years experience
- You feel at home online and always adopt the latest tools to improve your own efficiency
- You are an experienced mountain biker, cyclist, hiker, trail runner or bike tourer, and know the local cycling and hiking hotspots like the back of your hand
- You love planning routes for yourself and your peers
- You are available to work for komoot for a minimum of 20 hours per week
- You speak Italian at native level in addition to writing and speaking excellent English
- You can write snappy and grammatically correct Italian copy
- You are highly motivated, excited about taking on additional responsibilities, and are structured and target-oriented in your approach to tasks
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you!
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A brief description in English explaining why you’d like to work at komoot
- Something to demonstrate your passion for the outdoors, be it a snippet from your blog, YouTube or Instagram account
- Three examples of relevant projects you’ve worked on to date (published articles, blog posts, campaigns, etc.).
- Your availability (hours/week)
- Your suggestion for a Collection which you think our Italian-speaking users absolutely need to see. Details here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DqQzKBOlIh9pnaHPd4Zhg4NG4dhaNKnRjHiuAzg-ZBo/edit?usp=sharing