Brandwatch is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide – 39 of the Fortune 100 are clients.
Recently named a leader in The Forrester Wave™, we build smart software solutions that help capture, understand and share insights from millions of conversations across the web and beyond. Home to over 500 people worldwide with offices in 10 locations, Brandwatch is a place that motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social and digital world. Brandwatch is part of Cision Ltd—a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals.
About the role
Feeling caught in the trap of needing experience before being able to gain it? This might be the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking to invest in a bright, passionate and dedicated junior practitioner. You’ll join a large and diverse team on our quest to build amazing SaaS products which push the boundaries of convention and bring delight to our customers’ lives.
An open mind, inquisitive nature and passion for the field of user-centred, digital product design are key to succeeding in this role. At Brandwatch you’ll get the chance to put into practice what you’ve learned so far, all with the direct support of your friendly and helpful design peers. We offer a wide variety of design and research opportunities, and have many decades of combined experience designing compelling digital experiences. From statistical analysis and mixed-methods research, all the way through to IA, interaction design, UI and design systems, you’ll find a home here at Brandwatch that will let you level up at your own pace.
When you apply for this role, we’re not expecting you to have a polished portfolio or website. We’d love to see a personal project if you have one to share. Primarily we are looking for individuals with the right mindset. If you feel motivated by this, why not go for it?
- Be able to describe - during the interview - how you would approach core design activities from research and planning through ideation, selection and evaluation
- Be proactive and willing to learn through application, critique, reflection and iteration
- Be open, honest and inclusive
- Be able to communicate your thinking clearly and respond to questions thoughtfully
- Be aware of the various design decision styles and common product design/development methodologies in use today
- Grasp how design can work effectively with other contributing roles e.g. Product Managers, Developers, Product Marketers, QAs etc.
- Have some experience as a professional contributing designer
- Have experience of SaaS product design from an adjacent role (e.g. research, front end development, product management, delivery, QA...)
- Have some form of immersive UX qualification or related education
- Have creative hobbies to tell us about
At Brandwatch, we offer flexible and remote working, a competitive benefits package, an extensive people development program, including LinkedIn Learning for every employee and in-house courses such as our Brandwatch Leadership Development program, and community-focused groups, such as our Diversity & Inclusion and Green committees.
Working at Brandwatch: Our values are about being authentic, bold, and creative. And we believe these values are best embodied by enabling people to do their best work in an environment that works for them. Whether fully remote, within one of our global offices, or a combination of the two, we have the tools and resources to make working to these values both possible and enjoyable.