At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer, bringing industries like real estate, automotive, and financial services into the digital age. We’re the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions.
We’re proud to play an integral role for our customers -- from individuals to major enterprises -- in making life’s most important moments better.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%!) in the past year. In September 2021 we came in at #114 on Inc.’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the nation. We raised an additional $130 million in Series D funding in March of this year -- backed by industry behemoths like Capital G/Google, Citi, and Wells Fargo -- and we recently announced a major strategic partnership with Adobe.
Notarize is the pioneer and market leader in Remote Online Notarization (RON), and we’re building the team that will operate a critical platform in tomorrow’s fully-remote economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed, remote-first team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States -- all 50 states and D.C too.
Reporting to our AVP, Commercial Transactions, you will be responsible for managing our newly formed Contract Help Desk. You will lead a team of contract professionals and you will work closely with our sales teams to ensure top notch support for their contracts at the transactional level. You will also be responsible for maintenance of our contract lifecycle management tool.
As our Manager, Commercial Transactions, you will:
- Lead a newly formed team of contract professionals who support all transactional level contract issues. The team is also responsible for providing administrative support for the attorneys responsible for negotiating contracts on behalf of Notarize.
- Provide administrative support for our contract lifecycle management tool.
- Act as a legal escalation point for transactional level contract questions.
- Triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with internal clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Lead and support the continual effort to streamline the contracting process by improving contract templates, clause libraries, playbooks and processes, with an emphasis on efficiency and scalability. Monitor and update contracts required to comply with state and federal law as well as regulatory requirements.
- Be a utility player. Take on opportunities and add value as needed in practice areas beyond commercial transactions.
- Stay current on industry, commercial, intellectual property, open source, privacy and other laws, regulations, and developments to be able to give the most effective advice.
What we're looking for:
- A JD with 5+ years of experience. Must be admitted and in good standing in any US jurisdiction.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Hands-on experience as an in-house attorney at a tech/SaaS company, or experience working for tech clients.
- Experience with Icertis is a plus.
- Significant transaction experience, negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts with a focus on technology or software related agreements.
- Comfort drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, such as MSAs, NDAs, SOWs and other agreements.
- Ability to translate between business and technical risk and communicate clearly to business and technical partners within the organization.
- Demonstrated startup initiative - ability to self-manage, find creative ways to work through barriers, actively learn necessary skills, and manage projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Proven communication and presentation skills - ability to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders (internal teams, customers, regulators, partners, etc.) on legal and regulatory compliance issues.
Some of our benefits
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% company match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.