Sora’s mission is to empower people-focused teams to create exceptional employee experiences. These teams should be spending time with people, but unfortunately all facets of People teams are bogged down by managing processes instead of helping people. That’s where Sora comes in: we’re building a product that streamlines the tedious and repetitive work People teams do every day, from sending emails to assigning onboarding tasks to a new hire’s manager to syncing data across anywhere from 3 to 20 tools in a customer’s HR stack.
We’re a pure startup, with all the excitement that carries as a foundational member, but with more thoughtfulness than the typical early-stage company. We’re committed to our values and we take our mission seriously. Employee experience is in our DNA — we invest in processes that are inclusive and fair, and we invest in our long-term mental, physical, and emotional health.
Sora was founded in late 2018 and launched in 2020. We’ve fundraised from some of the best investors in the world and prioritize keeping a diverse group of investors and advisors.
Sora is committed to being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Marketing specialists at Sora are responsible for generating qualified sales leads. We create those leads through a combination of inbound website traffic, outbound campaigns, and digital & in-person events. We do that by presenting Sora, both as a company and a product, as an entity that understands the problems our audience faces and the solutions they need. And that means, above all, by being thoughtful and empathetic.
Marketing uses tools like Webflow, Figma, Outreach.io, Google Analytics, and Salesforce to run these campaigns and warmly hand off leads to our sales team.
While maintaining our established lead channels, marketing specialists work strategically to experiment and develop new channels that will generate qualified leads.
Your Impact and Responsibilities
In your first 30 days at Sora you’ll have the opportunity to impact the trajectory of the company directly, by drawing learnings from every aspect of the go to market funnel and transmitting them back to the rest of the org, including:
- Creating blog posts and digital content that appeals to our audience, the problems they are facing, and the solutions they are seeking
- Collaborating with Sales to experiment with audiences and messaging to help the company learn who our best customers are and how to best message them
- Understanding our existing marketing channels and how they are run
Within 90 days you’ll be:
- Collaborating with Sora customers to tell their stories of success with Sora
- Participating in in-person events that allow us to bring Sora to our audience at HR events and conferences
- Being a Subject Matter Expert in the HR automation space
- Contributing ideas and executing on plans for new sources of website traffic and channels for qualified leads
- Master using Sora, being able to both explain the product and learn how it can be valuable to our audience, helping refine our pitch and company narrative
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Hands-on marketing experience
- Flexibility and a zeal for fast paced, ever-changing work environments
- Willingness to learn about HR processes, its software, and their pain points
- A passion for problem solving, new technology, and compassion for the pain of pandemic and post-pandemic HR organizations
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-directed, a quick study, and an enthusiastic team player
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and resources effectively
- An analytical mindset that is determined to make data-informed decisions
- Intellectual curiosity and is unafraid to ask questions or collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Seeking professional development (open to being coached/mentored)