Please note, this is a 12-month fixed-term contract position.
MDN Web Docs is the premier technical reference for web developers, with over 17 million global users and 1,000 volunteer content contributors per month working to help make a better web. Web developers love MDN, and we are looking for an experienced community manager with a background in open source software, who can help us promote community engagement and support our users and contributors.
Our team is highly distributed; working from home full-time is acceptable.
- Interacting actively and positively with a volunteer community of writers, developers and translators, providing direction or mentoring where appropriate
- Defining and enforcing clear community guidelines. Keeping those guidelines up to date and updating the community with any additions or changes
- Engaging with and supporting MDN contributions
- Helping to triage and prioritize issues and community requests
- Supporting our users in our 'Learn' forum
- Helping to solicit technical and editorial reviews
- Proven experience managing an open source community
- Experience using GitHub and knowledge of pull requests
- Proven ability with blogging software (such as Wordpress)
- Able to communicate clearly in English, but English doesn’t need to be your first language
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team of employees and volunteers
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.