Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Specialist in our Onboarding Operations team, joining our Onboarding & Mobility team.
As an empathetic, client-oriented problem-solver, the Onboarding Operations, Specialist will be responsible for navigating the onboarding process with both internal and external employees across geographies.
You will be reporting to the Manager, Onboarding Operations.
- 2+ years of working in an operations function (people operations experience is an advantage).
- Experience working with legal contracts.
- Experience working in a fast paced, cross functional environment, ideally within a startup company.
- Excited by the constant change and growth working in a startup company brings.
- Team player, ready to support colleagues when needed.
- Strong sense of ownership, comfortable working independently, asks for help when needed.
- You’re a productivity geek and constantly thinking of ways to improve processes.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- Bonus points if you’re fluent in multiple languages.
- Bonus points if you have experience working remotely.
- Bonus points: if you have international people operations experience.
- Responsible for the onboarding of new employees (external to Remote) from a documentation and compliance perspective, including document verification, preparation of the Employment Package, and fielding employee queries.
- Work cross-functionally with our other key operational teams including Mobility, Benefits and Payroll to ensure a smooth client and employee experience.
- Continuously identify and implement ways to improve the onboarding experience.
- Manage employee data and serve as subject matter expert on our product, ensuring information is current, secure and confidentiality is maintained.
- Support reporting, audit, compliance, and data integrity initiatives.
- Identify automation opportunities within onboarding processes.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Onboarding Lead
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with hiring manager
- Interview with team members
- (async) Offer
- Reference calls