Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors likeD1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
About the Ideal Candidate
As a member of the People Team, reporting to the Sr. Director - Employee Experience, the People Ops Specialist will be a key additive strategic partner to the Shippo People team. The ideal candidate:
- Will have the ability to thrive in a face-paced environment with quickly changing business needs
- Possess strong business insight and judgment, team orientation, and collaborative style
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and reliability
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in HR and employment law
- Review and build policies and practices to maintain business compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and partner with expansion for new state regulations, incorporating into policies when applicable
- Develop compliant, scalable, HR policies and processes that shape the employee lifecycle Lead our immigration policies and programs, in partnership with legal and finance
- Manage our HRIS systems including HR, benefits and payroll inputs
- Manage all benefits administration and open enrollmentsBuild internal knowledge base for HR workflows
- Manage all state and local reporting workflows
- Conduct or assist with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, and other compliance reviews
- Provide support and guidance on complex, specialized, or sensitive questions or issues and perform routine workflows in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, HR or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in HR Operations
- Startup experience helpful, but not required
- Experience managing processes in an HRIS
- Strong consulting, communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities; skilled problem solver who can collaborate and communicate with internal partners and clients on all levels
- Advanced skills using Excel and Google Sheets.
- Experience managing processes in an HRIS
Benefits and Perks
Medical, dental, and vision healthcare coverage for you and your dependents. Pets coverage is also available!
Flexible policy for PTO and work arrangement
3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
$2,500 annual learning stipend for your personal and professional growth
Charity donation match up to $100
Free daily catered lunch, drinks, and snacks
Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!