This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Our Product Managers work closely with partners and cross-functional teams to build the right things, in the right way at all stages of the product life cycle.
A Principal Product Manager is a senior product practitioner that leads a portfolio of product managers, programs, and digital services. They collaborate with clients and cross-functional teams to define strategy and vision for an assigned portfolio of programs and products. They also help set goals, meet user needs, and work in iterative and user-centered ways on products. By thinking in terms of outcomes, rather than output, they help manage priorities given their team’s mission and vision, work with clients to define and measure success, and continually evolve solutions based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
Principal Product Managers are expert technologists that bring deep experience building products and driving impact within an agile and cross-functional environment. They are fluent in agile and human-centered methodologies and can effectively advocate for more product-driven ways of working within government. Principal PMs also serve as thought-leaders by articulating a compelling vision for the products they lead. They also establish points-of-views that help identify and develop new growth opportunities for Ad Hoc, and that help differentiate Ad Hoc in the industry .
As a people leader within Product, Principal Product Managers will build, lead, and develop other members from the product practice. They will also ensure their portfolio of product managers adopt and apply the best practices, principles, and values that are important to the health and quality of the product practice and to our customers.
The ideal candidate has experience leading and managing a team of product managers and is a skilled communicator that can effectively engage with a variety of audiences. Previous experience delivering government digital services and or knowledge of a particular agency or mission-space is highly preferred.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You'll Do
- Delivers presentations, creates product briefs, and other artifacts that help articulate the vision and strategy for government digital services within their program area.
- Conducts workshops and leads strategic conversations with government partners to facilitate decision making and steer technology efforts towards key outcomes, rather than predefined requirements.
- Aligns internal products teams around a set of shared goals and objectives; provides product teams with mentoring and oversight and helps course-correct when necessary.
- Leads workshops and strategic conversations with government partners; leverages industry frameworks and best practices to facilitate decision-making.
- Creates mechanisms and standards that help measure the health and success of our people and products.
- Leads hiring for their program or portfolio; works with the Practice Director and Recruiting to manage the pipeline of talent against current and expected needs, and ensures that we have the right people in the right roles.
- Mentors and supports others in their careers; conducts performance reviews and identifies opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Effectively communicates the impact of Ad Hoc’s work through blog posts, white papers, and speaking opportunities.
- Cultivates key relationships with government partners and contributes to new business development efforts, including proposal writing, as required.
- Leads strategic initiatives that support the goals of the product practice and growth at Ad Hoc as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- 4 or more years of leading a cross-functional team to deliver digital products/services.
- Experience shipping more than one user-facing digital product, ideally from conception to launch, in an agile environment.
- Skilled at leading kickoff workshops, discovery/prototyping sprints, road mapping exercises, and prioritization efforts with clients and teams. Can influence and guide decision-making.
- Superior product judgement - understands when to experiment and how in order to deliver the highest value solutions.
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring product managers and teams.
- Understands what makes a strong product manager, how to help people grow, and how to align the efforts of various teams around common goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; can effectively translate complex issues for a variety of audiences and lead strategic discussions with clients.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.