UpKeep is the leading cloud-based Asset Operations Management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities and maintenance work. We provide mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. This innovative technology is modernizing workflows and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We're a Series B tech startup with 120+ team members across the US. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, FrontRunners on Software Advice, and CMMS Leader on IDC MarketScape.
We are only accepting applications from candidates living in the following States:
California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Florida, & Hawaii
We’re seeking candidates that are self-starters with a proven track record of being responsible for the product direction, requirements, backlog, requests, and building quarterly roadmaps— collaborating with engineering, design, and customer-facing teams.
What you'll do:
- Impact the product roadmap for our core SaaS application
- Learn everything about our customers: their needs, pain points, and what makes them tick, through interviews and data analysis— Empathy for the customer is critical in this role
- Work closely with design, engineering, and the business to determine product requirements, feasibility, usability, product flow, and devise a plan to test and iterate on it with customers
- Define and drive the product goals and score, and the KPIs by which we’ll measure its success
- Help balance company growth initiatives with core product needs through clear communication and rationale
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog and conduct sprint meetings (grooming, planning, retro, etc…)
- Help run and refine our product development process
- Maintain a holistic understanding of the business, the industry, and the competitor landscape
- Set and communication project timelines and release schedules, and reset expectations when things change
- Help define and coordinate A/B tests to explore and validate new ideas
What you've done:
- 2+ years of SaaS product management experience
- Experience working with software engineer teams
- Comfortable working with raw data sets to develop actionable insights
- Able to make important decisions based on limited or incomplete data
- Comfortable using Agile methodology to run backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-ups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, FSA, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
Company History & Product:
UpKeep was founded in 2014 by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a Process Engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep from his family's garage!
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors solve problems for thousands of businesses around the world. Our Asset Operations Management solutions, coupled with powerful cloud ecosystems, empower maintenance and facilities teams to achieve their digital transformation goals. We are providing meaningful value to an underserved, blue-collar workforce by streamlining workflows, improving collaboration, and making it easy to manage work orders and projects from anywhere, anytime!
We've raised $50 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate is discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.