Roadmunk is a privately held, high-growth startup in the rapidly emerging market of Product Management software. Roadmunk was born out of a problem our founders experienced personally: there was no simple way for product managers to collect feedback, surface customer-driven insights and create roadmaps using a single platform. So we went out and built it for ourselves, making sure it was collaborative, beautifully designed and secure.
Today, we are home to thousands of forward-thinking product teams including those from organizations like Disney, Sonos and Under Armour.
In the fall of 2019, Roadmunk was 12th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards for its rapid revenue growth and bold innovation. The Fast 50 program recognizes Canada’s 50 fastest growing technology companies with the highest revenue-growth percentage over the past four years. Roadmunk also ranked 96th on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 List for North America.
Product Management is the beating heart of Roadmunk. Along with your design and development counterparts (aka triad members) you will not only enable product management teams (our customers) to become more effective but will help shape the future of product management practice.
As a product manager at Roadmunk, you will own one or more product areas and will work closely with your design and development counterparts (aka your product triad members) as well as other teams such as product marketing, customer support, sales, and business operations to define and deliver successful outcomes for your product area/s.
A Product Manager’s role at Roadmunk has a “meta element” because your expertise and skills will have a direct impact on the product management practice at our customers’ organizations. The product management team at Roadmunk is small, fast growing, and composed of seasoned professionals from a diverse set of product backgrounds. Our market opportunity is massive in scale and with a fast growing company like ours, offers unparalleled growth opportunities for Product Managers.
- You break down strategic objectives into initiatives that can be scoped, planned and executed on.
- You select the metrics to measure the success of these initiatives
- You mitigate risk of the initiatives by balancing scope, timeline and resources and escalate when needed.
- Together with your triad, you are constantly improving the health of the squad.
- You collaborate with other product managers to achieve shared goals.
- You make strong decisions for your squad and inform recommendations for bigger challenges.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2-5 years of product management experience, ideally in a SaaS product environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment while surrounded by chaos and ambiguity
- Experience using data to inform decisions while still having a high degree of bias for action
- Ability to put yourself in our customers’ shoes and have deep customer empathy
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to continuously learn and improve, and the humility to ask for help when needed
- Demonstrable experience defining success metrics for your products/features and managing against them
- A track record of numerous failures and the learnings you derived from them
- Customer-perspective: Deep understanding of our customers and end users and thinking through their lens when driving towards product success
- Openness: Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with leadership to establish an overall collaborative working relationship, building trust and respect for the team's working agreements.
- Curiosity: Often seeks to learn more, seeing opportunities where others see challenges.
- Bias for action: Strives for success and holds themselves, and their peers, to a high standard of accountability.
Roadmunk has a vibrant, highly engaged culture that has continued even as we work remotely during these difficult times. While the in-office perks such as on-site drinks and snacks, monthly team social events, and the occasional visit from some four-legged colleagues have been temporarily put on hold, our culture of innovation, teamwork, balance and diversity continues as strong as ever. Here’s what you can expect...
- Full health benefits package from day one
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Annual health & wellness allowance
- WFH stipend & set-up allowance
- Remote first work environment & flexible working hours
- Interesting problems to solve using modern tools and technologies
Roadmunk is an equal opportunity employer. We thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills.