Input is looking for a part-time writer to join its editorial team. This role will play an integral part in building out Input’s reviews section, exploring the latest devices, gear, and accessories with a critical eye and passion for technology.
Input’s reviews section is dedicated to telling readers only what they need to know: we don’t take press releases at face value and apply a holistic approach when considering the value of a product. Tech isn’t just for the tech-savvy anymore: we embrace tech’s potential as an essential part of your style, perspective, and productivity.
The ideal candidate for this position has at least two years of experience writing or blogging about tech, enthusiasm for new and experimental concepts, and knowledge of the industry’s major players.
This writer will work closely with the Senior Reviews Editor and Guides Editor to ideate unique angles to tech coverage.
Here are some examples of the types of Reviews stories we’re looking for:
iPhone 13 Pro & Pro Max review: Nearly perfect, but the camera needs a fix
Keychron Q1 review: Your gateway to keyboard addiction
This $14 silicon eyecup made me love my camera again
The best cases for the Galaxy Z Flip, ranked
How to find the Banana Split switches everyone is obsessed with
Is the Galaxy S21 Ultra using AI to fake detailed Moon photos?
Switching to T-Mobile Home Internet is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made
Even with RGB, Razer’s Hammerhead True Wireless can’t outshine AirPods
How I hacked my PlayStation Classic into the console Sony wouldn't give us
- Write four to five posts each week, from hands-on product reviews and comparisons to lighter touch news hits and round-ups
- Ideate new framings for reviews stories and packaging with editors
- Develop pitches and execute on original story ideas in a timely and organized manner
- Two years of relevant experience (internships & freelance included)
- Clips that showcase your unique perspectives and your ability to own story execution end-to-end
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Experience working with content management systems
- Through understanding of social media
- Good eye for design and photography
- Enthusiasm for all things tech and introducing audiences to new products
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.