At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Accountant to support our Accounting organization. You will assist in the development, maintenance and evaluation of procedures, systems and internal controls. You will work closely with internal & external partners to bring the day-to-day accounting in-house, which will provide you with plenty of opportunities to initiate and drive standardization. The ideal candidate is curious, self-starter, eager to thrive in a global and fast changing environment, and able to help drive and implement process improvements across the organization. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Support month-end close including journal entry, accruals, BS account reconciliations and P&L analysis
- Work with internal and external partners to manage, validate and automate FA accounts (additions, depreciation and disposals)
- Evaluate and support the automation of Prepayment and Fixed Assets accounts
- Responsible for monthly payroll entries and reconciliations
- Work with external service providers to reconcile tax accounts (VAT, sales tax, CIT, etc) and ensure taxes are filed and settled per statutory deadlines
- Involve in Phase II ERP system testing and implementation
- Document and update procedures for on-going accounting activities
- Assist annual statutory audit for the Holding company and its subsidiaries
- Support accounting team with various analysis and ad hoc projects
- Guide and support the team with accounting entries per new COA and org structure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Strong knowledge in IFRS and US GAAP
- Minimum 5 years working experiences in Finance & Accounting position, accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA, CIMA) is considered a plus
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel and GSuite
- Expertise in ERP system Netsuite is a MUST
- Strong analytical skills, ability to research and resolve issues without guidance
- Curious, proactive, accurate, solutions-orientated, continuous improvement attitude
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal, written and facilitation
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.