Over 90,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
1Password is looking for a Sr. Compensation Manager to support our rapidly growing global employee team. You will be an integral part of a small team helping to drive 1Password’s global compensation philosophy.
The right candidate is comfortable with data and thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. They will be self-motivated and detail oriented with a strong orientation to data analytics and project management. We’d love it if you have prior experience working in high-growth, pre IPO companies and/or industry experience in Technology.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada or the US.
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in compensation, finance or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices for both Canadian and US companies- experience with the Netherlands and /or the UK a plus!
- College degree in Business, Finance or an emphasis on Human Resources preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Experience with overseeing system configuration and management of compensation tools.
- Experience developing and rolling out scalable processes.
- The ability to be extremely detail oriented, while also aligning with the big picture.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a track record for executing and auditing work.
- The ability to gain alignment and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
- Has as pulse on current compensation and total rewards trends; creative thinker with excellent attention to detail,
- Experience with US FLSA classification.
What you can expect:
- Develop a total rewards (comp and equity) strategy and programs to attract, reward and retain talent top throughout the employee lifecycle and evolve current programs to reflect the stages of company growth
- Develop and administer various compensation programs including annual salary planning process, promotion and equity cycles. Partner with GTM Ops, Sales Leadership and Finance on sales and variable incentive plan design and execution
- Collect and analyze market data and maintain salary survey data; manage all benchmarking activity.
- Maintain and update position descriptions, leveling guidelines and career paths; determine competitive pay position; develop recommendations for annual structure and budget adjustments to maintain internal and external equity in pay plans.
- Effectively partner with HR and the Business Leaders to manage, consult and resolve compensation issues through the use of creative and strategic guidance particularly for new positions, transfers and promotions.
- Support audits related to compensation controls.
- Develop and deliver compensation tools and reports to support the business.
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.