Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
At Coursera, our Marketing team is responsible for brand development, new learner acquisition and retention, degree marketing, and enterprise marketing. We are looking for a Senior Copywriter who can help shape and define the voice and tone of our brand through all marketing communications to ensure the brand comes to life through our product experience. As a brand steward and a passionate writer, you will oversee copywriting and editing across marketing touchpoints, including digital advertising assets, broadcast, video, interactive, experiential, social, print, email, digital advertising, landing pages, and more. We’re looking for a hands-on creative leader and mentor to manage projects while developing compelling creative solutions across various marketing touchpoints.
Your work will directly touch millions of learners around the globe, representing the expression of Coursera’s brand through our marketing channels.
- Establish Coursera’s distinct tone of voice, delivering writing solutions to build on-brand conceptual campaigns
- Flex from writer to editor while partnering cross-functionally across marketing and product touchpoints
- Collaborate with creatives and strategists to develop impactful campaigns
- Manage multiple projects and oversee junior creatives as well as freelance support as needed
- Represent the brand’s standard of excellence by defining Coursera’s style guidelines and ensuring every communication meets established standards
- Serve as a lead contributor in positioning and naming workshops
- 8+ years experience as a copywriter in advertising
- Experience developing and executing on creative briefs to ignite campaigns and effectively navigate the consumer through the marketing funnel
- Background in copywriting with demonstrable ability to create compelling copy in a range of styles and voices that span a variety of projects with diverse audiences
- Demonstrated history working with advertising agencies
- Demonstrated history showing portfolio of digitally-focused marketing and advertising campaigns
- Demonstrated history with managing multiple projects of varying complexities at once, meeting deadlines and working independently under pressure
- Experience shaping and developing global brands while collaborating cross-functionally with multiple internal stakeholders
- A demonstrable understanding of the evolving technology landscape and marketing trends
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.