Medium’s mission is to deepen understanding of the world and spread ideas that matter. Medium is building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for an experienced copywriter to join our Creative Studio reporting to the Creative Director. The position will play a pivotal role in developing and defining messaging across all marketing channels and product experiences. The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller and leader with 5-7 years experience working at an agency or in-house brand team. They have a knack for creative problem solving and are comfortable taking an idea from concept through execution. They share an eagerness to learn and are very comfortable working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize, oversee, and write all brand, growth marketing, and product copy for Medium including email, paid media, social, landing pages, video and audio scripting, product launches and more.
- Collaborate with design team to develop creative concepts and messaging for all marketing campaigns and product launches.
- Work closely with marketing leaders to develop and craft narratives that deliver on strategy, goals, and KPIs.
- Lead evolution and implementation of brand voice and tone and ensure both are consistently applied across all channels.
- Partner with product team to define in-product UX messaging.
- Participate and lead brainstorming sessions with Creative Studio.
- Develop and maintain copy resource repository.
- Utilize writing skills to craft brand stories that deliver on Medium’s mission.
Who you are and what you’ll bring:
- An exceptional writer, with 5-7 years experience working at an agency or in-house creative team.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating ability to execute large 360 brand campaigns.
- Proactive leader, always looking for new and interesting ways to tell stories.
- Just as comfortable working independently on smaller initiatives as you are at leading projects from concept through execution.
- Ability to align strategy and goals with creative storytelling.
- Experience A/B testing creative and using data to help inform creative decisions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization, presentation, and leadership qualities.
- Always interested in learning and expanding skill set.
- Experience working in digital-first environment, preferably on a digital product.
- General understanding of product design and engineering process.
- Up-to-date on best practices and trends within the creative and marketing industries.
- Comfortable working remotely across multiple time zones.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.