About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 85 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you’re an athlete, and Strava’s mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day!
As the first member of Legal’s corporate and securities team, you will build out this function area for us. Your role will be charged with leading all aspects of corporate matters, including corporate governance, entity and equity management, and all strategic transactions. You will serve as a strategic partner as well as a key member of our deal execution team. This is a great fit for an experienced lawyer with tremendous capability, intelligence and integrity, who is highly motivated to drive impact. This person will report directly to the General Counsel and will work with all members of our team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Lead strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, including cross-border transactions to advance Strava’s mission
- Lead IPO readiness projects, including equity audits and related compliance efforts
- Collaborate with our General Counsel on corporate governance programs and matters, including review of board and committee materials as well as preparation of agendas, presentations, resolutions, consents, minutes and other materials
- Establish our entity management program for US and international entities, including international corporate governance, registration, and compliance
- Advise on corporate structuring, including formation and maintenance of subsidiaries and entity restructuring
- Lead our equity management program including support of stockholder relations, including equity issuances and transfers
You will be successful here by:
- Demonstrating excellent judgment and integrity, and an ability to build strong relationships within the Company and with outside counsel
- Partnering cross-functionally to ensure alignment of goals
- Driving projects to completion, including management of post-closing matters
- Fostering an empathetic and inclusive culture on your projects and team
- Creating clarity and bringing focus and direction to the most important priorities that will drive the biggest impact, while mitigating the most significant risks
- Showcasing your sincere, collaborative, and empathetic personality
- Taking the work seriously, but not yourself
We’re excited about you because:
- You have proven technical expertise in corporate and securities law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize and present complex ideas simply and understandably to employees at all levels as well as to our management team and board
- You are intellectually curious and lead with a growth mindset
- Admittance to the bar in the state of California and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g., have registered in-house status)
- 7+ years of corporate and securities law experience with at least 4-5 years in private practice
- In-house experience at a multinational, consumer-facing technology company is preferred and not required
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.