Winnie is on a mission to bring high-quality child care & educational services to every family. Our technology-driven marketplace makes it easy for parents to discover and connect with local providers. Our tools for businesses empower them to reach more families online and increase enrollment effortlessly.
We are backed by an amazing group of investors, including Homebrew, Reach Capital, Rethink Impact, and more. Join us on our mission and help shape a brighter future for families, children and caregivers everywhere.
Winnie Named to Inc. Magazine's 2021 Best Workplaces:
About the Role
We're looking for an analytical and strategic Senior Finance Manager who will be responsible for building and maintaining Winnie's overall financial model, tracking performance metrics and understanding their drivers, and ensuring that all teams are setting and hitting the right goals for Winnie's overall success.
This position is remote-friendly and we are open to candidates based anywhere in the U.S.
- Model and forecast existing and future monetization efforts of the Winnie marketplace
- Long and short-term budgeting and capital planning
- Institute and monitor KPIs, holding all team members accountable
- Work in concert with founders to answer strategic questions key to Winnie’s next stage of growth (e.g. conducting analysis expansion opportunities)
- Oversee Winnie's monthly financial process working with our bookkeeper
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and increase revenue
- Work cross-functionally with product & sales leaders to maximize revenue capture of the Winnie marketplace
- Own financial reporting to investors and other external stakeholders
- 5+ years of relevant experience in strategic finance / FP&A, investment banking and/or private equity, including experience leading financial planning, forecasting and reporting processes at a high-growth tech company
- Strong data analysis skills and in-depth experience working in financial models
- Experience using Amplitude and Segment, or similar data analytics platforms
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations
- Demonstrated leadership in both highly analytical and commercially-focused roles
- History of working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- SQL experience
What it's like to work at Winnie
- We’re not your typical tech company. We are super family-friendly and value reasonable work hours.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we are supportive of returners who have been out of the workforce.
- We work cross functionally and collaboratively across the company.
- We use Slack and video calls to facilitate communication with remote employees.
What we offer
- Generous equity package and a competitive salary
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage for employees and their families
- FSA option, 401k plan, commuter benefits
- Generous vacation policy (and we use it)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave and family friendly policies
- Professional development budget for each employee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Don’t meet all the requirements for the position? That’s okay. We encourage you to still apply.