• Passionate about technology, people and shaping Hopper’s ability to provide effortless customer experiences
• Demonstrable experience working in a multi-channel contact centre operational leadership role, ideally in a high growth environment
• Experience scaling customer service to meet ambitious operational goals and targets leveraging technology, process and people.
• Extensive knowledge of contact center operations in a holistic and comprehensive way (vendor contracting and management, FTE capacity planning, recruitment, training and performance management)
• Experience establishing clear KPIs and processes for reporting on SLAs and leverage analytics to empower data-driven decisions
• Familiarity with SaaS and/or travel & hospitality domains
• Figure-it-out, get-it-done attitude
• Experience with travel technology in an operational, technical product, or strategic role
• Understanding of end-to-end online travel agency (OTA) workflows from shopping through servicing in the ground transportation space
About the job
Customer service leaders are responsible for delivering world-class highly customer-centric support and services through operational excellence and technical product solutions. They collaborate closely with revenue leaders and service delivery vertical leaders to drive continuous improvement and scale the customer service function by automating service functions in the app along with operating an agile customer contact center. They act only with the customer’s best intentions in mind and hold their trust in the highest regard.
This role acts as the utmost subject matter expert and authority on customer service for the business unit and runs the daily operations of the business unit’s customer contact center which typically comprises anywhere from 50-100 customer-facing employees under their purview.
- Design the service journey in long form. See around the corner to create compelling customer service outcomes 12+ months down the line by taking into account Hopper’s growth, product roadmap and top line customer service KPIs.
- Lead customer service product innovation. Uncover new areas of opportunity for self-serve automation and product development improvements using data, writing business cases and narratives to support your findings, executing operational opportunities quickly.
- Participate in product development. Product development starts long before engineering. Ask questions, provide data-backed feedback on ideas, business cases and non-technical documentation at each stage of the process for the teams to negotiate features and requirements that impact customer service at every step in the product development lifecycle.
- Grow revenue and lower costs. Generate revenue through providing services that customers value and solutions that are cost effective.
- Build a culture of performance management. Hold the support teams to high standards through the implementation of agent performance management using customer service SLAs as the north star.
- Maintain cultural alignment. We want autonomy between business units but not to operate separate cultures entirely. So the director of customer service must ensure that there is cultural alignment between the customer-facing teams and others inside the verticals and ultimately between the business unit and the organization at large.
- Facilitate speed and autonomy. Write and develop new standard operating procedures that can be used by the business unit and elsewhere inside the organization to further advance our product-development capabilities.
- Act as the coordination layer. Horizontally between verticals within the business unit to ensure that the groups are productive and working towards shared objectives. Also, with the leaders of other business units and especially with the support-led Platform business unit to ensure that company-wide technology outcomes, workforce management, learning, quality and operational best practices are being leveraged for the best possible outcomes for customers .
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance plans
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
- Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
- Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
- The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!
APPLY FOR THIS JOB