Bonsai’s mission is to help people find and buy the products they want, as soon as they realize they want them. We began in 2016 as a streetwear style and news app. Now we’re leading the market shift to content-driven commerce. We are helping publishers launch e-commerce as a new line of business. We already do this for over 200M+ monthly unique visitors on some of North America’s leading publishers, including BuzzFeed and Complex. We’ve been featured in the Wall Street Journal and Business Insider for leading the charge in a new wave of native commerce, but the opportunity is still largely untapped.
Our technology allows users to transact natively while browsing content. We make the journey from seeing a product to buying it possible in two taps. Our vision is to make this possible everywhere you discover products. For publishers, we provide a powerful revenue alternative to ads that also improves the user experience. For merchants, Bonsai allows them to capture customers while they browse content, right when purchasing intent is being formed.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Merchant Operations to help build the Merchant Operations team at Bonsai. The Senior Manager of Merchant Operations will serve as the key driver of our merchant catalog management, including content quality, inventory control and ongoing maintenance. To be successful in this role, you will need to be creative, a team player and a master multi-tasker. You're someone who will get excited to oversee our fast-growing product catalog that feeds our native commerce platform.
What will I be doing?
- Build the Merchant Operations function at Bonsai, including process development, strategic assessment and team expansion
- Onboard new merchants to the Bonsai platform by working closely with the Integrations and Customer Operations teams
- Oversee Merchant Operations team responsible for overall catalog content maintenance. Respond to and resolve time-sensitive product catalog content and inventory issues.
- Monitor and inspect catalog content on a daily basis. Identify, troubleshoot, communicate and resolve errors in product catalog content and internal systems in a timely manner.
- Manage and troubleshoot internal systems and platforms to ensure accuracy, efficiency and quality in areas such as: product categorization, inventory availability, affiliate tracking, and other retailer attributes.
- Partner with QA,Integrations, Customer Operations and Merchant partners to troubleshoot customer service, merchant integration and all technical issues. You will be the primary driver to identify, evaluate and project manage cross-functional projects involving the catalog.
- Oversee merchant account management, including invoicing and payout, working closely with Merchant Partnerships and Finance.
What do I need?
- You have 7+ years of experience in catalog management in a performance-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills. You can quickly synthesize copious amounts of information, identify important takeaways, and determine the next steps. You're charismatic and can talk to anyone.
- Versatile team player. You can succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while maintaining high levels of operational rigour, digital acumen, and business excellence.
- Self-starter mindset. You love being in the weeds and are known for rolling up your sleeves to get things done. You never let roadblocks get in the way of getting things done; the laws of physics govern the only limits to what you can do.
- Strong analytical skills. The term 'quantitative rigour' gets you excited. You love using data to help identify problems, discover opportunities, and substantiate your ideas.
- Project owner attitude. You are excited about being held accountable for your successes and failures. You will be responsible for your own projects for which you will own the results.
- An insatiable drive to make things better. While prioritization is paramount, no detail is too small to go unaddressed. You should constantly be looking at every process, tool, assumption, and script and asking, "How can we make this better?"
Nice to have
- Master’s degree in a related field, such as computer science
- Experience in eCommerce. You might have worked at an affiliate marketing company, were on an eCommerce team at a publisher, or worked at an online retailer
- Experience working with enterprise single- and multi-brand retailers, preferable in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle categories
What to expect:
- Review - you’ll hear from us regardless.
- Intro call - call with our Head of People to discuss the role and learn who you are!
- An interview with senior team members: ~45 min to go over your background, the role, and Bonsai. Also, an excellent time for you to ask any questions you have.
- Take-home assessment - a realistic problem to solve on your own time.
- Virtual interview: 1.5 hour interview to meet the team, and your chance to interview us.
- Offer - ideally, this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!
At Bonsai, we are committed to building and fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where our employees feel valued, heard, and supported. We believe that a commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging enables us to do the best work of our lives - building the future of content and commerce! We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experience, and perspectives regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, disability, and national origin.