• Minimum 4+ years of technical recruiting experience across the full hiring process, from sourcing to the offer stage
• A proven track record of hiring multiple high-volume, high business impact roles simultaneously across functions and disciplines (engineering, product management, sales, marketing and design) in the Americas
• A sense of urgency to achieve hiring goals within deadlines, without sacrificing candidate quality
• Ability to communicate effectively and effortlessly with candidates and internal stakeholders of all career levels
• Excellent interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, and relentless follow-up
• Technical knowledge of different coding languages/technical stacks/terminology
• Strong attention to detail in both written and verbal communications
• Fluency with Lever or other Applicant Tracking Systems, as well as various sourcing platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Github, Stack Overflow, TripleByte)— you believe in meticulous candidate notes and know that excellent database hygiene leads to accurate reporting
• Excellent negotiating and closing skills
• Experience building and coaching recruitment teams
• Experience designing and executing people operations programs (onboarding, retention & performance management)
• Exceptional project management and independent problem-solving skills
• Experience evaluating and managing outside recruiting agencies to supplement our own direct hiring efforts
• Basic understanding of equity and other company benefits / perks to effectively answer candidate questions
• Startup experience is a huge plus
About the team
With more than 60 million downloads, Hopper has established itself as one of leading travel apps in North America. Despite a challenging macroeconomic environment, the company has positioned itself as one of the most resilient OTAs in the world. Dramatically improved unit economics and innovative fintech product development, resulted in a year-over-year revenue growth of 109% in 2020. Within this framework, the company is preparing to expand internationally, with a strong focus in Asia Pacific. The APAC team will be responsible for building Hopper’s business in the region, and execute on all local product development and category (flights, lodging, ground) initiatives.
About the role
Hopper is looking for a data-driven and strategic recruitment leader to join the newly created Asia Pacific business unit. You will be responsible for defining and executing our recruiting strategy as we scale the team to build the best online travel agency in the region. In addition, you will design and implement people operations programs to ensure we create a productive and positive working environment. Partnering closely with the General Manager, you will be part of the regional founding team. This a rare opportunity to have an outsize impact in the company from the get go, in a nascent function with ample room for professional growth.
- Design and implement Hopper’s hiring strategy in APAC across all functions - engineering, product development, sales, product management and analytics.
- Utilize your sales skills to entice high potential candidates to seek a career at Hopper and shepherd them through our hiring process
- Manage the full cycle recruiting process from sourcing to interviews, offers, negotiation, and close, coordinating closely with hiring managers and both technical and business unit leaders
- Build and modify the hiring process for each role to deliver a great experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Help build the Hopper brand by attending (and proposing new) conferences, meet-ups and events
- Partner with hiring managers to understand hiring needs and ensure the recruiting process meets, if not exceeds, expectations
- Think differently about how to source, connect and engage with passive candidates in the market through unique tools, sites and events
- Analyze key recruitment metrics to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to improve outcomes
- Hire, manage and mentor a recruitment and people operations team.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
- Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
- Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
- The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!