At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our global platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite stars and creators and through our Cameo for Business platform, all companies can now leverage the power of celebrity at scale. The key to our success? Our outstanding Cameo Fameo. The people behind the scenes, spreading joy to our talent and their fans - as well as their fellow colleagues - each and every day.
From product marketers to talent relations managers, software engineers and recruiters, the Cameo team is made up of the brightest minds in the biz. As we grow, our core values and startup mentality remain; we value creativity, hard work, collaboration, direct dialogue and feedback, and the continued development of our people. We are a fully distributed, highly connected company (TL;DR no company offices < plenty of company gatherings). For more information, please visit careers.cameo.com.
Our team is guided by four core values, and we like to share them early on to set the stage!
- Roll out the Red Carpet - Do you welcome everyone just as they are?
- Make it Memorable - When was the last time you said, "wow, that sh!t was cool!"
- Run Through Walls - How do you create purpose from challenge?
- Fight for Simplicity - Get comfortable with saying no and intentional when saying yes.
A few more things to consider:
👋 Our employees are called the Cameo Fameo, and our team means everything to us. Join smart, curious, humble individuals from all over the world and experience what it’s like to love where you work.
🏆 Humble brag - we’re honored to be named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company, and recently raised a $100M Series C.
🌎 Trade those commute hours for more time to do what makes YOU happy. We're a Work From Anywhere in the U.S company, with an entirely distributed team, so as long as you’ve got WiFi, you’re perfect to us. Don’t worry, we find ample time throughout the year to come together and celebrate our wins IRL!
🎁 The goods - competitive salaries, equity, health insurance, 401(k), wellness perks, unlimited PTO, Heads Down Hump Days 🐪 (aka no recurring meetings), and an annual talent show that will have you LOL-ing - just to name a few. Oh, and did we mention Cameo works with noteworthy actors, athletes, musicians, your favorite creators, global superstars, famous furry friends and more!?
About the role:
As a Senior Manager, Sales Process & Operations, you will be immediately immersed in and become an SME in understanding Talent IQ and the nuances of the Cameo ecosystem as part of our Sales Operations Team. This role’s #1 priority is to enable our Talent Acquisition (TA) and Talent Relations (TR) team to hit their quota, so your main focus will be identifying inefficiencies in the org, vetting solutions with the reps, and developing key processes to make them more efficient and effective. You will be obsessed with constantly improving all work streams that operate within, around, and across the Talent Org. This role will support critical initiatives and projects that help to scale the team and services, while ensuring operations run smoothly, making it easy for the team to focus on driving Magical Moments and exceeding revenue targets. This role will be laser-focused on driving efficiencies and greater alignment across teams, processes, initiatives, and tools, using qualitative and quantitative data to guide your decision-making process. Build strong relationships and deep trust with the TA & TR team and your cross-functional partners across Cameo, which will make it easy to ensure the Talent org is advised and enabled in the most simplified way. Most importantly, be relentless about setting the team up for success, going above and beyond to make sure they are fully equipped to deliver a great talent experience that maximizes LTV on Cameo across all product SKUs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Increase Talent Org productivity: identify inefficiencies in operations and design and implement solutions to ensure they hit their sales goals.
- Overhaul our entire Sales process by gaining a deep understanding of our different GTM approaches to provide a playbook for how reps should acquire Talent
- Work directly with Reps to solicit feedback on new processes, gain input for key initiatives/projects, and help troubleshoot problems in daily workflows.
- Work directly with the leaders of the business units to ensure they are properly managing their teams in alignment with the needs of the business
- Act as a liaison between the Talent Org and Executive Team to articulate the day-to-day performance of the business units
- Manage and grow a team of operations associates that will deploy your strategy across teams
- Define clear KPIs that the team should be striving for, provide a completely novel way of how we evaluate and manage different books of business, and execute influential analyses that truly helped us maximize the performance of the managed talent base
- Utilize professional Excel/Google Sheet skills that result in quick and simple insights/reports that improve the day-to-day life of our Talent team and how they manage their book of business.
- Work in close collaboration with analysts to operationalize and enable the Talent Org with meaningful insights and new critical metrics that come from data analyses.
- Manage XFN relationships between the Talent Org and additional teams to streamline priorities and communication to ensure deadlines and goals are met
- Evaluate opportunities to improve process, communication, tools, and enablement by: executing critical initiatives/projects, leading the rollout of new strategies/processes, and engaging with cross-functional teams to provide new opportunities to Talent.
- Synthesize the results and takeaways from your initiatives to standardize processes and playbooks for improving/evolving talent management strategies and tactics.
- Create and update toolkits & documentation to ensure key information is easily accessible and accurate at all times.
- Lead multiple work streams with ease by successfully and thoughtfully putting together project plans and managing to deadlines
- Reason through vague, high-level asks, turning them into concrete recommendations and deliverables
What you bring to the table:
- 7-10+ years of sales or customer success operations management in a high-tech growth/startup environment, preferably in a two-sided marketplace and/or entertainment business
- 2+ years of people management
- A cultural icon - you are a delight for everyone to work with and make people want to work with you more
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal - eloquent and can get to the point quickly but kindly, easily adapting communication styles based on the audience.
- A strong work ethic and self-directedness: quick to pivot to the 'backburner' list of projects once immediate needs are handled, and you don’t need to be told what to do next.
- Powerful presentation development skills that clearly articulate important business insights to business executives.
- Big process energy: Passionate about a good flow chart, checklist, and step-by-step guide that helps streamline workflows & communication (and also recognize that they are likely to change).
- Highly organized: a proven organizational system and can juggle a lot of different tasks without letting anything slip through the cracks.
- Highly proficient in Excel/Google Sheets and Salesforce CRM
- Experience with Tableau, Slack, Zapier/IFTTT, and Notion/Coda is a plus
- Exemplify all of our core values, most importantly, “Run Through Walls” and “Roll Out the Red Carpet” and “Keep it Simple”
- Bring humility and compassion to work daily!
- Receptive to feedback, mentoring, strategic realignment when vital, and lead with no ego.
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- Make work fun by coming into work with a sense of humor and a positive work ethic
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
We are working on becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role can not be performed in Colorado.