CircleCI is looking for a driven Senior Strategy Manager with strong Sales and Customer Success strategy experience to help drive the strategy, execution, and scale of CircleCI’s revenue growth. The ideal candidate loves this balance of execution tied to strategy planning. Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will lead a team that will play a key strategic and leadership role by partnering closely with Sales, Customer Success, and regional leadership (EMEA, APAC, etc).
Primary responsibilities include establishing business strategy, carrying out operational cadence (e.g., forecasting, reporting), producing analytics and business insights, and business planning activities (e.g., territory design, quota-setting, capacity planning, customer book analysis). You will apply your established strategic problem solving skills as well as critical thinking skills to evaluate business performance and craft concise, data-driven recommendations to drive revenue growth across our usage-based, land-and-expand model. Your approach always has tactical implementation in mind that focuses on increasing revenue and productivity. You will be working with Finance, Operations, Product, Marketing and other departments to ensure we build efficient and scalable business across the entire company. You possess keen analytical abilities and strong communication and project management skills to improve the effectiveness of CircleCI growing Sales and Customer Success teams.
With the Chief Revenue Officer, you will help drive new initiatives and make a large impact on our rapidly growing global business. Sound exciting? Come work with us!
What you'll do:
- Sales and Customer Success strategy - Work in close partnership with Sales/Customer Success leadership to identify and craft strategies to improve revenue growth and team success. Work closely with Centralized Operations team to define, optimize, and roll out initiatives and analysis to support hyper revenue and team growth
- Data-driven insights & analytics - Own all reporting, planning, business analysis to surface data-driven insights to drive strategy and key business decisions. Effective at identifying, planning and carrying out projects, processes and tools that drive revenue and enable sales, customer success and marketing productivity. Develop and maintain revenue related metrics and analytics from Enterprise Sales to freemium conversion analytics. Lead analysis on business performance to drive operational changes. Familiarity with basic statistical analysis and modeling required to help assess data insights
- Executive level presentations - Conduct an in-depth analysis of our business and develop an understanding of key value drivers to identify growth opportunities. Develop key insights for executive-level presentations and drive critical business decisions
- Compensation design and analysis - Help design, analyze, and manage variable sales and customer success compensation plans across channels to drive the right incentives that are aligned with business outcomes in a complex contract model. Partner with Commissions Manager to ensure proper rollout and accuracy of any decisions and updates
- Sales planning, pipeline management & forecasting - Partner with Sales leadership to design and lead territories and books of business. Proactively provide analysis, forecasts and reporting to enable Sales leadership to lead effectively. Lead global market segmentation and targeting efforts and account prioritization within sales
- Customer health, risk, & retention insights - Optimize health and risk models for the customer success and account team model by establishing processes and policies, business requirements, and data governance. Ensure deep understanding of the customer experience and drive adoption and customer satisfaction
- Cross-functional initiatives - Design, implement, and project manage initiatives to drive future Revenue growth with internal partners. Lead business/capacity planning efforts in partnership with Finance
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience post-MBA/graduate program (or equivalent experience) in sales and/or customer strategy, operations, business operations, finance or other strategic role at a fast growing startup - strongly prefer MBA plus management consulting experience
- Experience enabling the Sales team and Customer Success team in a high-growth environment
- Understanding of usage-based consumption models or product-led growth models
- Especially strong analytical experience in reporting against critical metrics, sales and pipeline analysis, customer lifecycle analysis, forecasting, planning
- Possess keen eye for business and ability to lead projects, with a strong bias for data-informed decisions-making
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally with Finance, Sales, Marketing and Product to ensure the revenue organization is supported
- Exceptional quantitative and Google Sheets/Excel skills. Proficiency with databases, analytical tools and SQL a plus!
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce.com and sales productivity platforms (Marketo, Gong, Outreach, Xactly, DiscoverOrg, Gainsight), particularly with sophisticated dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Passion for helping your team develop, learn, and succeed
- A growth mindset, strong sense of curiosity and critical thinking
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience. MBA strongly preferred
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $140,500 - $165,500/year, plus applicable bonuses