The Firefox UX team works on products and services that keep the Internet open and accessible for all. We, Mozilla, a corporation fully owned by a non-profit are focused on a mission to advance a healthy internet. We put people first in everything we do.
We are looking for a passionate, strategic, and creative design leader with experience growing, leading, and championing the product design function within an organization. You will partner across the Firefox organization to provide leadership on the role design can play in introducing and shaping ideas, improving existing products, and collaborating on early product development with new technologies and form factors. You will establish processes and practices for realizing that vision, and set a bar for quality.
- Oversee and participate as-needed in the design process, from concept and strategy, to wireframing, prototyping, user testing and final execution.
- Partner with user research and content design leadership on impactful interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Partner with engineers, product managers, researchers and other stakeholders to ensure new products have a vision and strategy that align user needs with business objectives.
- Advocate for the role of design throughout the organization by evangelizing how user-centered design practices create successful outcomes.
- Recruit and manage a best-in-class, high-forming design team and be accountable for the development of team members by helping them set and achieve goals for their career growth.
- Cultivate an inclusive environment that values differences and creates a sense of belonging and appreciation for team members.
- 8+ years of experience in consumer digital product, interaction, and/or UX design.
- 2+ years of experience building teams: hiring, managing, and mentoring designers and product managers.
- Experience coordinating, directing, and guiding the work of other designers on your team.
- Experience collaborating with user research and content design/UX writing disciplines.
- Experience with remote-first teams.
- Experience developing product design processes.
- Knowledge of design thinking processes and user research methodologies and when to apply them.
- You are flexible and efficient – comfortable with ambiguity and exercising a balance between inspiration, bias, and rigorous research in order to move quickly from planning to conducting a project, synthesizing insights, and informing opportunities.
- Provide an online portfolio or equivalent that exhibits detailed design thinking and problem-solving in regards to the overall user experience.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.