10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
Our Senior Visual Designers primary focus is website design, but we also offer stretch opportunities in designing apps, systems, whitepapers, presentations, and more. Curiosity is your driving force, with empathy as a foundation. You deeply understand client business objectives. Armed with that understanding, you advocate for audiences using design: through beautiful interfaces, interactive digital experiences, and the elusive “wow” factor. You are a proactive problem solver and seek to share learnings with the rest of the team. You skillfully translate design language for a variety of stakeholders and team members. You are able to bring those who may not quite "get" design to your side, because you can pivot and prioritize output based on the unique needs of the project. At the end of the day, you will produce engaging visuals that have purpose and resonate with a variety of audiences.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Lead workshops/discussions with clients, driving towards an understanding of brand promise, emotion, mood, and expectations
- Create mood boards / storyboards, animations, illustrations, style tiles, and other representations of design direction to guide clients through design processes
- Design innovative, engaging, responsive layouts and experiences for web & mobile
- Present design solutions to client stakeholders, communicating not only what design decisions have been made but the rationale behind those decisions, anchoring design in the functional and emotional goals of the site
- Collaborate with user experience designers on wireframes, sitemaps, and page level interactions, as well as with front end engineers on interactive prototypes and production-ready web experiences
- Refine design solutions through iterations—from sketches to comps and on to real in-browser realizations—with an eye toward true interactivity and multi-device reality.
- Develop style guides, annotated comps, user guides, and other deliverables designed to preserve the essential elements of an overall design solution through development and into maintenance
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated, "always-learning" spirit, interested in identifying and solving the web’s design challenges one experience at a time
- 5+ years experience with responsive web and mobile design
- Solid understanding of the web as a medium: HTML, CSS, web typography, responsive design, and what it means to realize designs in a multi-device world
- Demonstrated portfolio of compelling, engaging digital solutions and an ability to define what makes them successful
- Experience with design systems/pattern libraries
- Experience designing WordPress and/or digital publishing websites and apps
- Experience creating design systems
- Experience with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
Nice to have
- Experience with InVision
- Understanding of content strategy, publishing workflows, and content management platforms
- Experience working with Enterprise-level clients
- Experience designing with a UX lens and/or collaborating with UX designers
- A background in public speaking and/or writing
- Formal design education
- Remote working experience appreciated #LI-Remote
Things to Note
- We don't want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add email@example.com to your contacts list! If you aren't sure about how to do that, here's a guide that might be helpful.
10up has been making the web better by finely crafting websites and tools for content creators since 2011. With ~200 experts in digital strategy and management, software engineering, user experience and interactive design, cloud infrastructure, and audience and revenue optimization; we’re big enough to conquer any challenge, and small enough to care. 10up is committed to the ideal of a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming anyone and everyone who shares and lives our core business values. We look forward to connecting with you!