10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
The Senior Web Analytics & User Behavior Analyst is part of our Audience team.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Define key metrics that align with client business goals, support and implement custom tracking using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other analytics and business intelligence platforms.
- Audit existing data stack and associated implementations to identify performance and efficiency improvements, from data consolidation to user and session unification.
- Support implementation of cross-platform data aggregation projects.
- Create compelling and useful data visualizations that support KPI measurement and analysis.
- Craft and implement A/B & multivariate tests to assess UX hypotheses, aimed at increasing usability and/or increasing conversion rates.
- Collaborate with UX designers and copywriters to glean audience insights via survey and heatmap tools to strategically inform potential site content and layout adjustments.
- Leverage site traffic analytics and usability insights to generate impactful content recommendations aligned with marketing strategies. Support measurement with custom event tracking, audience segments, user journey mapping, and conversion funnels.
- Establish baseline benchmarks for measuring progress towards achieving core KPIs.
- Analyze and scrutinize site traffic, key interactions, and performance metrics for opportunities to improve user experience, site engagement, and conversion rate.
- Prepare and present reports covering site performance and traffic patterns to large-scale enterprise and government clients, both at the immediate client stakeholder/task owner level as well as executive level.
- Ability to proactively lead project analysis and data efforts and consult with clients with limited oversight.
- Residing and legally authorized to perform work in the United States.
- 10+ years of experience in analytics, data analysis, or user experience/user research roles.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent additional years of experience relevant to this position. An Associates degree and additional years of industry experience is also acceptable.
- Experience setting up and monitoring analytics platforms (especially Google Analytics), including custom dashboards, segments, dimensions, events, and conversion paths.
- Experience with tools for understanding website usage patterns, such as Hotjar or certain Google Analytics capabilities.
- Ability to understand large sets of data and draw meaningful inferences to create actionable proposals for iterative content, copy, and UX improvements that drive desired business outcomes (using tools like Google Analytics custom reports, Excel, and Google Sheets).
- Experience working with tag managers (especially Google Tag Manager).
- Experience with A/B and/or multivariate testing (experience with Optimizely and/or Google Optimize Pro platforms is ideal).
- Experience preparing visualizations of data to communicate clear trends and insights (experience with Tableau and/or Google Data Studio is ideal).
- Experience presenting recommendations to discerning clients.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with internal teams and clients about technical and non-technical matters.
- Experience with presentation software such as Google Slides, PowerPoint, etc.
Nice to Have
- Foundational knowledge of technical SEO and organic traffic growth strategies.
- Experience with Google Search Console.
- Experience using third-party platforms for evaluating site SEO and making sense of their results (especially Yoast, Moz, SEMrush and Ahrefs).
- Previous agency experience.
- WordPress and/or web content publishing experience.
- Experience working in a distributed environment.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms like Eloqua, Marketo, and Salesforce.