Founded in 2015, Apollo.io is a lead intelligence and sales engagement platform trusted by nearly 9,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to some of the largest global enterprises. Our community-based approach to crowdsourcing data gives users maximum coverage while ensuring data accuracy. Our advanced algorithms and unique data acquisition methods help over 500,000 sales professionals enrich and analyze prospects' data to increase quality conversations and opportunities.
We have notable investors: Y Combinator and Nexus Venture Partners. We recently completed a Series B financing to fuel our next growth phase. We have reached and maintained profitability for the last 18 months.
Our growth and customer feedback set us apart from competitors. Apollo had over one million sign-ups for its platform in the past year, and the number of weekly active users increased by over 400%. We are a top-ranking G2 Crowd vendor in the Sales Intelligence, Lead Intelligence, Marketing Account Intelligence, and Sales Engagement categories. Our highest scores are in the B2B data space for accuracy and ROI based on customer reviews.
Working at Apollo:
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
We’re looking for a proactive self-starter to help us build an online community for Apollo customers from the ground up. You will sit on the marketing team and drive the strategic vision and bring the community to life. Your success will be defined by your ability to build and engage a community of Apollo customers and empower sales and marketing professionals in the community to meet their revenue goals. This role will require collaborating with sales, product, and marketing teams globally.
Additionally, the Customer Marketing & Community Manager will be responsible for all customer-facing initiatives such as growing customer reviews on reviews sites such as G2 Crowd and TrustRadius, building out a customer advisory board, and jointly identifying and developing customer success stories with our Product Marketing team
This role is fully remote (but ideally based out of the US) and may require travel for events.
- Create and execute the strategic vision of our online community
- Select and onboard community platform and integrate with our marketing systems
- Build strong relationships with Product, Sales, and Marketing teams to encourage community engagement
- Build lifecycle marketing campaigns to engage the user base and encourage community engagement
- Develop and maintain community moderation resources and guidelines to create a safe community environment
- Lead and support community moderator activities such as responding to comments and customer queries in a timely manner, adherence to our community terms/conduct, troubleshooting, etc.
- Bring customer stories to life via reviews, testimonials, fireside chats, videos, and more.
- Work with customers to develop blogs, case studies, testimonial videos, and more to build awareness and clearly articulate the value of Apollo through the eyes of our customers
- Build and maintain a customer reference and case study program
- Establish and manage the customer advisory board as well as organize quarterly meetings
- Plan and execute a virtual and in-person customer event in the next 24 months
- Track and report on all customer marketing initiatives as well as community engagement metrics
- You have 5+ years of experience working on or leading customer advocacy initiatives in the SaaS space
- You have 2+ years of experience managing a customer community (ie: online community, customer case studies, customer advisory boards); ideally has built a community from the ground up
- You have developed or supported a Customer Advisory Board program
- You have experience building out a customer reference and case study program
- You have experience collaborating with brand design, content, and/or external agencies to create compelling customer stories
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Independent and proactive planner and executor
- Experience with community platforms such as Mighty Networks, Tribe, Vanilla
What Apollo Offers You:
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k available on the first day of the month after the start date, and unlimited PTO. We also provide a remote and personal development stipend, as well as an incredible remote work culture.
Apollo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We embrace and empower our remote workforce. At Apollo, we’re committed to finding the best talent wherever you choose to live.
What You'll Love About Apollo:
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins, and you'll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!