Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Coursera for Business team plays a key role in increasing global access to world-class education. We are working with organizations around the world to provide more learning opportunities for their employees that enrich their career and drive impact within their company. Two years since launch, the Enterprise business has grown rapidly and now serves 150+ enterprises and 1000+ SMBs around the world.
In this role, you main goal is to help make our corporate partners successful, by helping them achieve their desired outcomes. Your performance will depend on your ability to balance account renewal & growth as well as customer satisfaction. In this cross-functional role, you can expect to work with members within Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, Learner Operations, and Legal in service of Coursera’s growth and long-term success.
- Own strategic customer relationships with our largest customers
- Ensure customer success by driving adoption, managing partner relationships, conducting business reviews and sharing best practices
- Develop programs to increase engagement of customers and drive their key metrics, working closely with our content strategy, product, and pedagogy teams to ensure learner success
- Accountable for client renewal and retention results, responsible for identifying opportunities in closing additional revenue by upselling and cross-selling
- Serve as primary point of escalation when customer issues arise, troubleshooting, and ensuring quick resolution
- Provide quantitative/qualitative analysis to inform team decision-making and product roadmap
- Able to strategically problem solve with large customers to drive usage
- 7+ years of account management experience; customer success experience a strong plus
- Demonstrated history in high customer retention, renewal, and growth; successful management of upsell campaigns
- Ability to articulate the power of education and learning to influence key business decision
- Strong sense of customer empathy and customer-centrism; to convert relationship and value into advocacy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking to translate data into action
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Ability to articulate the power of education and learning to influence key business decisions
- Experience working in EdTech; SaaS experience
- Complex account management
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.