Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to join our growing team. You’ll have to answer the most challenging questions regarding our users. With your work, you’ll help your team to uncover pain points and unmet needs as well as opportunities.
As we’re aiming to grow this opportunity into a team in the near future, you’ll need confidence and leadership to succeed in this role.
Day in the Life
- Collaborate with the team trios to identify high-impact questions and user problems to solve
- Conduct qualitative research and apply from a wide variety of (remote friendly) UX research methodologies
- Collaborate with the Data-Science team to analyze data with a UX perspective
- Provide actionable insights to cross-functional teams to put your findings into motion
- Communicate meaningful/complex information in an easy and understandable way
- Present your methods and reasoning behind the results
- Advocate for human-centered research and contribute to building a UX research culture within the organization
- Train and empower your colleagues to do substantial research themselves
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience conducting user research in a software product oriented organization
- 2+ years experience researching for a B2B audience
- Proven ability to manage large-scale projects across a diverse set of stakeholders
What Sets You Apart
- Experience working with Designers and Product Managers
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Experience working with teams in different timezones
- Having a research portfolio to showcase
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Twic
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.